Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the S2000, and figured Id take one out for a test drive. The dealer at Honda let me take it out by myself too:D. I loved the car, but I do have one question to you owners. What kind of mods will increase the low end power before VTEC. Since its the new model with the 1000rpm lower redline, I felt I only had a good 2000 rpm to play with of sick power. Up to 5500 rpm, I felt the S2000 was slower than my Teg. Top Gear's Tiff Nedell spoke of the S2000 only ''putting out'' 150bhp when VTEC was not engaged. (Which is weird, cuz VTEC isnt supposed to be like flipping a switch and gaining 90hp).

Anyways, just lookin for some ppl with this experience.

However, I would buy the car even if it only had 150hp just for its handling...damn its like steering a go kart. :number1

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
As far as getting low end power their is one major thing you can do to get power at the low RPM's, call up inline pro and have them put in their 2.5l stroker kit and you will have power across all rpm's with a 2 year warranty

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
pearlwhite_HF said:
As far as getting low end power their is one major thing you can do to get power at the low RPM's, call up inline pro and have them put in their 2.5l stroker kit and you will have power across all rpm's with a 2 year warranty
:stupid no replacement for displacement. supercharger or a small quick spooling turbo will help a bit also

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
yup... gearing changes are going to show you the most improvement for the money... although they're not really going to produce power, you'll just accelerate quicker.

aside from the stock 4.1 gear ratio... I've seen 4.44 (decent highway, okay accel) and 4.77 (best acceleration, poor highway) made by Mazda that are interchangeable with the S2K, and Rick's has developed a 4.57 gear set to kind of get the best of both worlds in the gearing area...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.