Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new tripod. I want to spend Less than $100, but if there is something that is great for $50, I would would buy that. But more importantly, I want to know what to look for in a tripod. What are the differences between panhead and ball head? I have a rebel xt, what support weight should I be looking for? I also want something reletively compact, no mini tripods, but nothing huge either. Any other points to consider would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
accord dude said:
My advice is to get the cheapest one you can find that will not break easy. I have used a cheap velbon tripod for like 8 years plus.
well i have one now, i'm looking to upgrade though because its kinda ghetto. I would like to find something that will last a long time though. My main concerns are head type and size. I want to learn more about head types and their benefits.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
really i dont think it needs to be said but "you get what you pay for" haha
I don't buy cheap stuff, unfortunatly, and my tripod cost me a around 200 bucks (tripod + head) and it is definatly well worth the money. I have the Manfrotto tripod and the manfrotto ball joint head w/ grip (322RC2) and when I shot with it it did nothing but make me happy i spent the money. course i understand a lot of people are on a tight budget, it couldnt hurt to add my 2 cents :D

beleive it or not this comes in handy

and if all else fails I can still use my monster of a large formate tripod

:ahh

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
this is the tripod i use ..

Dynatran AT-858

it was my brother-in-law's but he gave it to me for xmas. this thing is badass!! before that i had a basic tripod i got from walmart for like 30bux which was fine for p&s cameras but definitely not for DSLR. the dynatran one feels real solid and the head has a control like feel, just squeeze and move it around. pretty awesome. just wish i had time to put it to more use lol

the good thing about the head too is, i could take it off and use it on my manfrotto monopod that i got for like 20bux off fredmiranda.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
i am in need of a tripod as well. any brand recommendation? i have a samsonite one that i bought for $10. the sturdiness and quality is surpisingly good but the head sucks balls. and i can't replace it with another. i'm looking to spend less than $80 as well. i never tried the ball head and it seems like it's easier to manuever around? those manfrottos seems nice but way out of my price range :(

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.