Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i have a 93 civic with a 2000 teg gsr motor, there is a skunk 2 ecu, i/e/h. My recent problem is...in the morning or if left for hours not ran cold, my car wont start on its own...i have to start the car and rev at first and hold it about 2000rpms steady until it warms a bit and then it runs fine on its own...if i start it without reving it dies immediately, throughout the day it will run perfectly fine without indication of problem unless it sits and its cold again...any ideas? i replaced the cap and rotor and the plugs were fouled out so i replaced them and they look like they are fouling again i can smell the fuel on them...so i know its not a fuel problem (unless it dumping too much) can someone give me some knowledge...anyone?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
check to be sure that the antifreeze lines that run through the throttle body and idle air control are ok and still hooked up.

·
Registered
361 Posts
EGR valve my man, what it does it recirculate exhaust gases untill the engine is at prime operatings temps, check it out

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
HatcHBacK3R said:
EGR valve my man, what it does it recirculate exhaust gases untill the engine is at prime operatings temps, check it out

you do realize that there is no egr valve on civics except for the vx/hx right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts