Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im so confused i dont have the slight idea, i want to take my whol headlight out so i can put it in the oven etc. im doing this because my right one is all fuzzy and stuff. I need help i have a 97 civic how do i take it out

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
you gotta get the bumper off...lift the hood, theres 6 or 7 pins on the grille, pop those out, under the car there are 2 10mm bolts just either side of center, and then 2 philips screws in the wheel well behind the cover thing in there

you get all those out, and the bumper should slide right off, i did mine myself, without any problem

the headlights should have 4 10mm bolts on each, 2 on top, one on the front on the inside side of the light, and one on the back near the fender

as for baking, people all have different opinions, i had the oven at like 250 or 300 and just checked them every couple min, it took like 5 or 6 min in there to get them apart, you just pry the 2 pieces from each other

if you need anything cleared up, let me know

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
civic2us said:
Thanks bro ill figure it out and by the way baking it cleans the inside and out right?
i dont know about that...what's the problem that you need cleaned? my passenger side headlight was weird, the plastic was yellow, other people here had talked about a film on theirs, but mine was just the plastic, so i ended up buying new ones. when you bake it and take it apart, you can try to clean it with something...CLR, bleach, anything like that, but like i said i dont know what you need cleaned

welcome to the forums too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.