Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
What if you have no idle air control valve, dunno if i have the Fit thing or not, my idle drops so low i have to rev it till it warms enough, i cant just crank my car and go one cuz i have turbo, but i cant even use auto timer cuz i have to press the gas till it warms, once it warms it idles perfect though. .......... i just am gonna adjust the hard stop on my TB though lol. it should be fine to do that right. a lot easier than figuring out why the car wouldnt even run with the IACV on there, and kept throwing engine lights, thats what the dude that worked on the car for the kid that had it before me so they just got rid of the iacv. i havent looked at it in to see if the fit is there or not. will adjusting my hard stop work best for me you think?

·
Registered
188 Posts
so if i put a fit valve on then my car should idle fine when i crank it up because after it warms up it runs fine, or do i need an idle air control valve?

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUESTION!!?

ok i read your post.. it was full of great information! BUT i have an idle problem that we narrowed down to the fast idle control valve solenoid its not getting power some how but it does work when we stick the light tester in there and ground it out.. so my question to you is.. Can that turn the Check Engine light on? because the light turned on the same time the idle trouble started..

·
Registered
230 Posts
only with AC

ok i have read the entire post but still unsure---my accord runs fine all of the time EXCEPT with the AC on and at idle...the idle bogs way down. without the AC everything is fine---hot or cold. should i still check the FIT and IAC? it has never stalled but today it went so low i was expecting it to die...but i turned the AC off and it was ok. Any suggestions? it is a 95 accord EX with 319K miles and original alternator too.. anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hell yeah done with it.With the help of this thread and another like this fot the issue resolved and after inspecting parts i agree this would be something i will do more often especially after noticing a crap ton more power afterwards.Sweet right up!Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
integra, b17.so my idles bouncing, usually my engine idles at around 2500 but now the idle will go up to about 2 then fall to about 1. sometimes it idles really high right when i turn it on, but 30 seconds later it goes crazy. the abs and e-brake lights are also both usually on, sometimes they go off. if i turn hard at all, the ebrake light will turn on. for some reason i get the feeling that these things are all related as they started happening at exactly the same time, but not sure. whatdyou think

101 - 107 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.