Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to make a 1.7L 4 cylinder non-v tech into a v tech

I have a 2005 Honda Civc LX the moter is a 1.7 littler non v tech and I was wondering how to change my moter into a v tech, not a phone lol. Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
whaaaaaat?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
there should be the 9.0ghz phone transfer that you can do to your newly bought ***** PHONE....

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
LOL we're all so picky on the newbs.

Variable Timing Electronic Control.......where's the H you are puttin on the end. its VTEC, spell it the other way it gets censored.

I know that on the <=00 civics all you need to do is the head swap to achieve the vtec. but on the d17's i have no clue.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have the money just pull the D17 paper weight out of your car and find a descent B series to put in it's place. I don't know what Honda was thinking with the 7th gen's. All that technology and the EX rolls out of the factory with 127hp. :noo

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
BaySide03 said:
If you have the money just pull the D17 paper weight out of your car and find a descent B series to put in it's place. I don't know what Honda was thinking with the 7th gen's. All that technology and the EX rolls out of the factory with 127hp. :noo
b-series is not easy in the 7th gens. a K-series would be the route to go....cost more but much more worth it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Let's take a look at reality. Your first mistake was buying a 7th gen non-vtec. rather than changing it to a vtec, sell it and use what ever money you get for it as a down payment on an 07 SI. Or buy an Integra GSR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.