Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on a turbo civic (95ish) with what the owner was told was a b18b1 out of a 95 integra ls. The ecu is a P06-A02 i believe the origional for the car. appears to have an aftermarket chip labled SST.

Anyway, after running for a few minuites it will die and the car will start and sputter before stalling out after wards.

I'm trying to pull codes for the check engine light but there is no data link connected to the harness anymore, is there a way to jumper the ecu to display check engine lights on the dash?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Hm, IDK if 95 is OBD 2 or OBD 1 still. 94 or 95 or something is when Honda switched over, I forget when exactly. If its OBD 1, the jumper (at least on an integra, I would assume a civic is the same) is tucked on the pass. side, kinda under the dash. Should be a little blue plastic plug that dosen't connect to anything. Jump that shit with a paper clip or w/e count the long and short flashes on the CEL and compare with an online chart to see whats up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The jumper harness has been removed, guessing some sort of retart light weight scheem. There are several open pins on the ecu from a 'self modified' harness. Im trying to determine which pin locations can be jumped to read the code.

Why they bring this to a ford dealer is beyond me...

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
The jumper harness has been removed, guessing some sort of retart light weight scheem. There are several open pins on the ecu from a 'self modified' harness. Im trying to determine which pin locations can be jumped to read the code.

Why they bring this to a ford dealer is beyond me...
wierd. I don't know then. I'd Tell him to get fucked, because that thing is all hacked up and you have no clue how to diagnose it, and he's at the wrong dealership??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts