Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a tune-up for my 1994 Accord LX 2.2. I want to put performance parts for it. What parts i need to get for the tune-up?:p

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would get all of the factory Honda parts if you are doing a tune-up...with the exception of getting a K&N air filter and using NGK spark plug wires since they cost about the same.

·
Registered
766 Posts
yeah i would also recommend factory

·
Registered
208 Posts
actually...you should be able do it yourself. a tune-up is as simple as it gets. chances are a shop other than the dealer will not use factory Honda parts. if you don't know what all you'll need or how to do it PM or email me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lets see, basic tune-up: Spark Plugs, Distributor Rotor, Maybe spark plug wires. I think thats pretty much it. I would go with NGK wires and plugs, there about Honda prices and the Blue NGK wires look really tite in the engine bay. =)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I would take it to the dealer. Somethings I just don't like wasting my time on. Now if i was going to put aftermarket stuff on, then I would do it my self. but if you want honda stuff on then go to the dealer. lates

·
Registered
208 Posts
Alphainspire said:
Lets see, basic tune-up: Spark Plugs, Distributor Rotor, Maybe spark plug wires. I think thats pretty much it. I would go with NGK wires and plugs, there about Honda prices and the Blue NGK wires look really tite in the engine bay. =)
air filter, fuel filter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts