Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tony is a stand up guy! He had a dyno session today in Oklahoma City, and all I can say, is that Tony went through some serious headaches to get everyone's car tuned.

The tuning session was scheduled for yesterday, however, Tony and Chuck the owner of Alternative Motorsports became very ill from fumes of 118 octane fuel. Tony had to take "Puke" breaks inbetween each dyno run, needless to say, he still got the car done. Unfortunately, Tony had to reschedule everything until the next day because he was about to pass out.

Today, Tony continued on with the tuning session, and finished everybody else's car by around 2-3pm. I had to work until 5 =(, but very grateful that Tony waited until 5:30 for me to come in. Thanks again Tony!

Needless to say, I am very satisifed with the outcome tonight. Tony was able to clean up my fuel and timing maps, and was able to idle my RC 750cc injectors like a dream. My car sounds like it came from the factory again =) WooHoo!!!

My final numbers came out to 214whp @ 189wtq on 6psi and 231whp @ 206wtq on 8psi

This was an interesting paper weight I found on the ground.

Oh Wow!! Another interesting piece of block!

My girlfriend getting a little excited about the dyno day :thumbup:

Here are the videos as promised

1. Dyno Vid

2. Dyno Video 2

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
congrats man, car looks nice, the first time you boost it makes all the pain from spending the money go away :tu

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LostSolVTEC said:
congrats man, car looks nice, the first time you boost it makes all the pain from spending the money go away :tu

I've been boosted for 6 months...I was just in for retuning.

Khoi

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
sounds healthy :D congrats on the new setup/tune :clap

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
:stupid

I like the picture on the last guys sig. The funny part is, if that was my accord which is the same year 2 dr 5sp, that would be a bad day for any of those talons. haha, unless they are running like 20psi w/ some high octane fuel. Taken down many talons budy so that picture is funny to me. I will have someone take some from the guys I race that are dsm owners, haha.
I like when they say, "This is an accord right?" I get a big smile and say, "yup." DSM boy, "Its fwd right," me: "yup"

haha. And then I tell them how many pounds I'm running and they cant believe it. Oh, and I know about dsms too. All of the guys I roll with run awd dsms. But I am still looking for the perfect awd before I finally get rid of my honda(I had my fun with it). I don't like having to replace syncros on dsm trannys. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I love your line though. " Lag is just a curtious head start," couldn't agree more. :D

Don't get me wrong though. There is no launch like a dsm launch with 4puck clutch and launch-rev-limiter at 6grand and running 25psi of boost. Man, your lungs go to the back of your chest. and then comes 2nd gear and a little peal out again but still pulling hard. its addicting. :clap

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
gob_2k said:

I like the picture on the last guys sig. The funny part is, if that was my accord which is the same year 2 dr 5sp, that would be a bad day for any of those talons. haha, unless they are running like 20psi w/ some high octane fuel. Taken down many talons budy so that picture is funny to me. I will have someone take some from the guys I race that are dsm owners, haha.
I like when they say, "This is an accord right?" I get a big smile and say, "yup." DSM boy, "Its fwd right," me: "yup"

haha. And then I tell them how many pounds I'm running and they cant believe it. Oh, and I know about dsms too. All of the guys I roll with run awd dsms. But I am still looking for the perfect awd before I finally get rid of my honda(I had my fun with it). I don't like having to replace syncros on dsm trannys. Know what I mean?

My accord included in that also!
BTW i cant download any of the vids :confused

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imp0rted1 said:
khoi nice numbers also what steering wheel is that??

nice

I have no idea....the local shop around her ordered it in, and I liked it.

Khoi

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VtecAddict said:
Really excellent #'s but those injectors are freaking huge. Are you planning on building the bottom?
I will in the future, but I need to graduate first :)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
saw the vid on another site. I talked to tony a little about the whole tuning thing. He is legit. nice setup. any plans of a future build?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I definitely have plans, but graduation has to come first.

Khoi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts