Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i never really went in depth as to wat i wnted to do. never really talked bout it wit n e one. but, thisis how the story goes. i came across four g's--i had made plans to do something to my car wit this money for a long time. finally when it came through, my choices where to
1. 05 rsx type s izzo
2. prelude type s izzy
so since im almost done wit my car payments and even thought it looks like trash do to all the mishaps, i decided to do wat ive always wnted...build my allmotor...did i have enough for a supercharger or turbo? mos def! did i wnt it? nah, i wnt allmotor power.
so i bought
type s cams and pistons...12 lb a c t fly and a six puck--however the thing i wnted most was lsd, so i bought that too...

ok, so then it all gets put in rite? but i still havent recieved my lsd which is kewl, but then me and Yoda-dats wat we call the owner of the shop...well , we was talkin and he gives me some of his advice and wisdom...he says
*strong viet accent* "Dom...joo not need lsd, 200-250 horspowa , dont need...turbo, supercharger, yes ok..." i asked him why, and he says well u can loose top end cus ur motor works more, this makes sense, does it bother me, not at all, its all good info, am i gonna be bookin it to the point were that is goin to be botherin me that i cant hit 150? no, i wnt track and lite to lite quickness, he said "then good fo joo, u get lsd.."
HOWEVER, we talked bout other options, and came to aem ems

so we put it in, this was last nite...his son did it, he is the one who drives the race cars and tunes em, kids only 18--no prodigy by ne means, but smart nevertheless...didnt work out too well, it came preset entirely too rich for the lude, its kewl...now i need to set up a date wit jotech to go tune it...this is offcourse assuming i still wnt it.

thats steven , the tuner kid drives a boosted 240 that pushes over 400 and was supposively have been made for driftin, but his dad got carried away... :rolleyes

thats tony

boosted 240

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

and a pix of me, cus im so sexy in my team shirt, even though im really not in the team.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doesnt n e one care? i think this a good thread with good pix dammit..

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump shit

·
Registered
143 Posts
you should port and polish the head, get you a bigger intake manifold, do a fuel system upgrade and springs and retainers so u can rev higher although i have seen dynos that show the H22 power dropoff is at 7300 rpm. i went with the fidanza flywheel in my h22, it only weighs 8lbs. you should check into lightened pulleys too i suggest unorthodox racing pulleys.

you have a lot of potential, let me know what all you end up doin!
I have a JDM H22 in 93 Accord w/ fidanza flywheel, stage 1 clutch, VAFC, MSD wires, DC header with all piping and magna flow, cai, and after i did all that i knew the other mod that dont cost a thing that would help me a bunch--- I took out the back seat and all the shit in the trunk!
so the results are this ...
I raced a 96 hatch with a built LS VTEC with 13 to 1 compression who ran a 13.1 at the track and i only lost by a car! so lots of potenial for us man!!

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
93ACCLUDE said:
you should port and polish the head, get you a bigger intake manifold, do a fuel system upgrade and springs and retainers so u can rev higher although i have seen dynos that show the H22 power dropoff is at 7300 rpm. i went with the fidanza flywheel in my h22, it only weighs 8lbs. you should check into lightened pulleys too i suggest unorthodox racing pulleys.

you have a lot of potential, let me know what all you end up doin!
I have a JDM H22 in 93 Accord w/ fidanza flywheel, stage 1 clutch, VAFC, MSD wires, DC header with all piping and magna flow, cai, and after i did all that i knew the other mod that dont cost a thing that would help me a bunch--- I took out the back seat and all the shit in the trunk!
so the results are this ...
I raced a 96 hatch with a built LS VTEC with 13 to 1 compression who ran a 13.1 at the track and i only lost by a car! so lots of potenial for us man!!
too much liteness is not good ..
my fly from act is 12- i could have gotten 9 but thats not good all around, i dont need to rev higher its un necessary and my maine goal is power while keepin the motor generally stock, i got my two stage vtec workin so i pulls harder, i had minor work done to the head so my oil pressure is double wat it was from stock..i got the dc header n1 exhaust and aem intake

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
that clutch will be a hell to drive on street(always stalling)
i think you should get a spring clutch instead :btu

oh yeah you will not lose power on top end with a LSD it just makes you car handle better.

·
Registered
439 Posts
with the basic bolt-ons, port and polish, cams you should be get into the lower 200whp. I dont know about the power of the H22 falling off at 7300 rpm, because my cousin redlines at 8500rpm with a stock head and he pulls all the way to his redline. If you want to run faster, I personally think you should get the LSD and also i havent seen any motors mess up because of LSD.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
motors dont mess up because of lsd, but its draws more power from the top end, i wnt it for the track and lite to lite racing...im simply statin the cons of the lsd, which is that it can take away from the top end.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
:hehe

awesome pix mang!

btw..

"super greg" ring a bell?? :lol

-Tylor

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nah, super greg dont ring n e bells , watchu mean?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
lol.. I'll brb with a pic..

btw, I WILL be only kidding, so do NOT take ANY offense to it bro... :hehe

you just TOTALLY reminded me of him :tu

I LOVE THAT GUY!!

-Tylor

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Where did you get your type s cams and pistons?...thats the same route i want to go. ALL MOTOR...your setup should be pretty swt. Whats your suspension setup look like??

Keep us updated...:tu..

·
Registered
2,503 Posts

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jreese said:
Where did you get your type s cams and pistons?...thats the same route i want to go. ALL MOTOR...your setup should be pretty swt. Whats your suspension setup look like??

Keep us updated...:tu..
all i have is neuspeed springs..but later imma change over to tein, like everyone at my shop...the stuf u can get it cheap--here http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2157476#post2157476
set up is already strong and i havent touched vtec...i m debatin lsd and standalone, ill get the standalone finished if i can find a map, if not then when the lsd shows up, ill hook that up

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
tienlude said:
all i have is neuspeed springs..but later imma change over to tein, like everyone at my shop...the stuf u can get it cheap--here http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2157476#post2157476
set up is already strong and i havent touched vtec...i m debatin lsd and standalone, ill get the standalone finished if i can find a map, if not then when the lsd shows up, ill hook that up

aight....thats where im ordering my parts from.....man im not sure what you could find a map at :confused ..

hows your ride with just the springs?....

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jreese said:
aight....thats where im ordering my parts from.....man im not sure what you could find a map at :confused ..

hows your ride with just the springs?....
like stock,
thats why i got em, for a year now, i noticed alot of ludes get em, i got race, but if u get sport u will never tell the diff, wit race it still feels stock but u can tell.i say go tein though

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
:lol

That guy was HILARIOUS!!!!!!

I remember seeing that video on ebaumsworld WAAAY back then.. it was awesome...

I THINK it was ebaums.. I can really remember.. :D

I was only joking though ;) :tu

-Tylor

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
tienlude said:
like stock,
thats why i got em, for a year now, i noticed alot of ludes get em, i got race, but if u get sport u will never tell the diff, wit race it still feels stock but u can tell.i say go tein though

you still on stock rims or you've upgraded??? im debating wether i should drop sport or race with 17's

1 - 20 of 40 Posts