Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
orijinal_poser said:
crazyness..... but i dont think that vid showed its true potential..
yea but it's cool to see that it was done

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice. I saw an article done in a British car magazine where a guy had taken a JDM B16 motor and dropped it in an older model MINI.

Since the car only weighed 1,600 pounds and the power to weight ratio is awesome that dude's car can run 0-60 times in less than 4 seconds with a quarter mile at the 11's.

I forgot what magazine issue it was but it was a good read.

·
Registered
68 Posts
WhataRush said:
Nice. I saw an article done in a British car magazine where a guy had taken a JDM B16 motor and dropped it in an older model MINI.

Since the car only weighed 1,600 pounds and the power to weight ratio is awesome that dude's car can run 0-60 times in less than 4 seconds with a quarter mile at the 11's.

I forgot what magazine issue it was but it was a good read.
it was a b18c5 bud i have that vid too

·
Registered
357 Posts
vtecownzyou said:
it was a b18c5 bud i have that vid too
I never said I saw it out of a video, I said I had read it out of a british magazine at an airport and it was a b16 Doc.

You may have seen another cat doing the same thing but don't questin what I'm saying, I know what I'm writing down.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea it was a B18C5 in the mini,1800 lb curb weight and 200whp,the guy is planning a SC but said he has no problems pulling a car or so on Aston(there is a test car facility near his house) he said people about throw up when he out runs a 2 ton 600hp super car in a 67 mini :D

·
Registered
783 Posts
98civic4door said:
Yea it was a B18C5 in the mini,1800 lb curb weight and 200whp,the guy is planning a SC but said he has no problems pulling a car or so on Aston(there is a test car facility near his house) he said people about throw up when he out runs a 2 ton 600hp super car in a 67 mini :D
LOL.. the guy just said it was a b16. But ah well... it's cool to know about the b18c5 one. Anyone have the vid? :D

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kwanjai said:
LOL.. the guy just said it was a b16. But ah well... it's cool to know about the b18c5 one. Anyone have the vid? :D
I dont have a vid it was in the october 04 issue of SCC

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Jus me or that didn't seem all that fast. Kinda doesn't make sense compressing allready compressed air. Seems like that would cause turbulant intake air. My dad has a JCW car in our garage and it's allready pretty quick.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess it is like a push/pull kinda thing.

The SC pushes and spools the turbo quicker and the turbo pulls air to the SC thus loosing any drag from the belt.I'm not going to try and explain it to much cause I simply dont know how it works but think of Turbo top end and SC low end.....best of both worlds :)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
The air would come from the turbo then into the SC. It's being pushed by the turbo allready. An SC doesn't make boost until after the air is drawn into it. So what's happening is you have compressed air from the turbo being drawn into the SC, then the SC chops that air up and compresses it again. There's a reason that nobody hardly ever uses that kinda setup, it doesn't make sense and is prolly more inefficient.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts