Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new project car...93' eg coupe, i'll have pics up soon. And i'm am at a cross roads as to what to do with the thing. I am very impressed with what I am seeing with the k series swapped cars. They are expensive but not as expensive as a built turbo motor.. and in the end they will run close to the same times. so what I'm asking is what would be better? i know its a newbish question but i need some feedback. I'm thinking either a b16 with the IB "killer block package" and a mild turbo setup runing 10-15psi or a k20 swap with some bolt ons and shit. what would you all do if you were in my situation? and I'm planning on road racing this beast when i'm done so whcih would be better for that.

·
Registered
884 Posts
From what I understand, n/a or a supercharger is better for road racing primarily because a turbo can have a very peaky powerband while the other two tend to be more linear. So if road racing is the primary objective and you can afford it, I would say go with the K-swap or do a built n/a b-series. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Turbo b-series will always be faster than an n/a k-series if built right. You can't really compare the two. My vote is for the built turbo b-series.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm voting for the K series. You say project car and when I think of that I think it should be the best. A K20 would kick-ass with bolt ons, has more prestige IMO to people who know about it, and look at all the room in the future for modding. K series are flexible and with the same stuff will come on top everytime.

PS Turbocharged Hondas are almost a common practice, a screeming n/a motor with a 6spd is #1 in my book

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its a project.. i got an 01' cougar for a dd. plannin on cf hood and cf trunk with some c10's on the outside and set of brides up front with a stripped out rearend. omni power coilovers and lca's under it and it'll be good for some racing

·
Registered
14 Posts
take a look at the clip...
http://www.teamrice.org/tr4.0/index1024.html

press the video button in the right corner.

b serie w a SMALL turbo :D

press on: aarons civic 92
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

B serie w big turbo.

press on:brandons civic

or brandon at tracks.

Id almost fell of my cheer when I saw brandons civic..

after that it was no doubt....

TURBO!!!!!!!!!
I`d go 4 b series w turbo..more tq more power, and if you choose a small one
you can have exelent spool altso, that means ALOT of tq from 2500rpm
on a b16..maybe w a gt 28??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts