Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any input would help
Just sold my 500hp corvette and I was just going to buy a new car for reliability and something that gets decent mpg and i will be driving it all year(chicago weather) snow and rain... Obviously being a car guy i can't just buy a normal car so anyway i was thinking bout building a k20 eg with some bolt ons or having a gsr or lsvtec built, sleeved, bottom end, top end, turbo...ext goal is reliably 400-450 hp and the possibility of more if i changed the tune and boosted more... i plan on spending 14,000 for the build and car. my question is, is this possible to have ok gas mileage out of a built turboed b18, and still be reliable and daily drive?? or should i get a new car? the shop told me i would get horrible mpg with 1000cc injectors.... thank you :):)

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
any input would help
Just sold my 500hp corvette and I was just going to buy a new car for reliability and something that gets decent mpg and i will be driving it all year(chicago weather) snow and rain... Obviously being a car guy i can't just buy a normal car so anyway i was thinking bout building a k20 eg with some bolt ons or having a gsr or lsvtec built, sleeved, bottom end, top end, turbo...ext goal is reliably 400-450 hp and the possibility of more if i changed the tune and boosted more... i plan on spending 14,000 for the build and car. my question is, is this possible to have ok gas mileage out of a built turboed b18, and still be reliable and daily drive?? or should i get a new car? the shop told me i would get horrible mpg with 1000cc injectors.... thank you :):)
no. not at 400-450whp and it be a true daily driver and driving it for what you built it for. probably high 20's in reality for highway driving if you cost a lot in decel

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
no at getting good gas mileage. not with a b and certainly not with 1000cc injectors but I really don't think you need injectors that big to hit 400whp. I think the best gas mileage at around 400whp would be out of a k series motor. it would be better with 2 tunes, 1 street, 1 track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts