Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the block out being machined and having a KMS blockguard installed. I am looking to install enough goodies to accompany my block to the 350-400whp mark. Head is getting worked as well. There are alot of choices for rods and I wanted to get somthing that would prove to be reliable on a D series. Has anyone used a set of Probe rods with the D? And what about Wiseco Pistons? I want to run 8.1:1 or 7.8:1 CR with a stock deck height for big boost. Any suggestions? Part numbers if you have them.

·
Registered
719 Posts
i would use eagle h beams they are the best for the price and the weisco pistons are also decent......but i wouldnt lower the compression that much . yea you will be able to run alot of boost but you probably wont have anything down low before boost. just my opinion :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I would like to lower the CR to run BIG BOOST. This is going to be an almost dedicated drag setup. I'll be using a 35-50hp hit of nitrous hooked up to a 6psi pressure switch for a zero-lag type of setup. Effectively eliminating anything lost on the bottom end. Just trying to pick some brains to find good reliable combination.
HENRY

·
Registered
719 Posts
awesome... i would like to see the finished setup,it would be cool :D ive never really seen a full race/track only d-seiries,but seen some bad as daily drivers :number1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.