Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was recently searching the site for info on cat back exhausts for my 01 prelude. I noticed that there were some that were better suited for turbo charged preludes and some better for non turbo/ stock preludes. Well i dont have a turbo and my aem v2 is my only upgrade. What would be a good exhaust for this application, non turbo, and while im at it i was planning on getting the DC sports header but apparently people hate it around here so what would be a good header to compliment the cat back. Thanks lads
-Peace

·
Registered
349 Posts
The search should have been more than sufficient for your app. This has been beaten to death, it really depends on you, and your needs/wants/future upgrades. 60mm, pretty much any style (most are graded by loudness), will go great, N-1 style will yield the most HP.....I will get bashed for even talking to you for such a newbie question.....cummon dude, I am sure you found plenty if you searched....

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
plus in the title you say you want a cat-back for a turbo application, then in the description, you say you want a non-turbo exhaust

wtf :confused

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hah tis so sketchy posting anything on here everyone flips, but ya i guess i didnt search hard enough. the reason why i asked was because the exhaust people were talking about were still 2.5" i thought that all 2.5" cat backs would do the same but apparently some 2.5" are better for turbos then others and i have no idea why that would be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
As far as I know there are currently no bolt on 3" Exhaust kits for the BB6.

ALTHOUGH...I emailed vibrant performance up here in Canada and this is what they said (I asked him for the prototype in a previous email) :

"We just developed this exhaust and will be going into production on it later this month. We are just testing it right now.

Our system will NOT include the cat. You will have to fabricate that part but the exhaust will mount to all stock mounting points with no fabrication needed.

MSRP is $649.95 US.

Dealers will sell for less.

The prototype is sitting in the jig and can't be sold.

The approval sample is installed on a car and is undergoing the final stage of road tests. The owner of that car is unlikely to want to give it up...it's his reward for helping us develop this exhaust.

They will be available later this summer....sorry I can't get you one sooner."

Interesting that someone is making a 3" bolton catback. I know Kteller sells the piping but you still need someone to put it together for you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.