Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.. let me explain things first by saying im in the market for a new car. Ive had a few things in my mind... one of them was getting a si and putting on a turbo kit.

My question is is there any pre-made kit out there like greddys or revhard there would put me in the 13's, this car has to last me a decent amount of time to, i dont plan on beating on it, but i will want to run it now and then. I know this is a very general question, but im not to knowledgeable about turbo civics. I also dont want to throw in to much money, and no crazy mods like getting this kind of head with that block and so on..... I know greddy and revhard make kits... any others?

thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
Greddy kit on a si with stock boost and slicks would probably net you high 13s, when it comes to turbos it all about traction, if you run slicks and say 8psi probably have over 200whp easy 13s. Make sure you get it well tuned though if you want durability.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what else would i need along with the kit?, boost controller, boost gauge, any other fuel components or ecu components?

what kit intially makes the most power?, greddy/ revhard?

·
Registered
419 Posts
With the greddy kit you get what you need to run stock boost ie a blue box, get a blow off valve. Now to up the boost you will need a boost controller and intercooler the blue box is alright up to about 7psi. If you want to go higher get a decent tuning device such as www.hondata.com .
Rev hard will make more power at the top end, but I thought you weren't wanting to run a high boost setup, unless you intend to be really pushing the limits of your internals the greddy kit will be the best for you.
HTH

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dosent greddys kit come with a intercooler?, and will i need a fuel device such as apexis safc?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Read the above post, yes it comes with a blue box it add's extra fuel. You have to but the intercooler and blow off valve separately. check out www.greddy.com

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was in your same boat'

I debated back and forth' I just figured adding intercooler kit to greddy turbo kit vs. a Rev Hard stage 2 kit is close $$$ wise. The T3/T4 turbo had more potential if your going to continue to build your motor/car for more boost!! Otherwise just want a kit that is reliable and give ya some extra hp' go Greddy' they are a great company and I hear the kits are nice/complete.

Rev Hard has more hp potential!

If your worried about smog, the basic greddy is legal , no bov or intercooler. ( only low boost that route though )

Good luck' I just figured couple hundred more and have a kit you can build on and a good size turbo'

Mark

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well if you checked the greddy site you would know what the kit comes with so therefore you would know what he had added! Help yourself a little. From a quick glance/ intercooler/ blowoff /valve hondata 2b/ exhaust I suppose. fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator .

·
Registered
64 Posts

ill sell you my turbo si... real cheap too.

$17,500

lemme know

[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts