Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still need a few things for my set-up. First off is a new pump. I want a Holley/Walbro 255lph pump, but no kits are made for my car? Should I just buy it (pump only, no kit) and have a shop do the rest? Or woulda an in-line be better (MSD?) ?

I'm planning on running 6-7 psi, so I'm not getting injectors yet. Vortech 12:1 FMU is a must.

Last thing pretty much is the manifold. It's a b20 block, so a GSR manifold would fit. I don't think I want to pay 450 for a rev hard manifold, so what is a cheaper option (cast iron)?

Thanks in advance. Eventually I'll get this thing rolling.

Jason

·
Registered
542 Posts
A civic or Integra fuel pump kit might work, you should look into it. And for manifolds any GSR manifold will fit. You can buy Drag, F-Max, Greddy, etc. Its really up to you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can I purchase just a manifold? I've been looking around online and all I can find are turbo kits. I'm not sure about the fuel pump kit though. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
i dont know that much about turbos so whats the rev hard manifold? what exactly does it do and is it necessary? what about the advantages and any possible disadvantiges

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the turbo exhaust manifold. It's made by the company RevHard.

Anyone else have some info on where to buy an exhaust manifold? (not a kit)

Jason

·
Registered
542 Posts
Try www.revhard.com, they have a contact number. You should be able to buy just a manifold from them directly, before I bought my turbo kit I was going to buy one directly from them instead of a Revhard dealer. If you want a drag manifold go to www.importparts.com and ask for Ben, he will hook you up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
spend the money and get a proper fuel pump made for forced induction<integra pump or whatever will not be a whole lot better then you have already... goodl uck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Why are you going with such a high 12:1 fmu for only 6 or 7 psi?? I would think for stock injectors, that is a lot of pressure. At 7 psi your up 84 psi plus your stock 38 or 40 psi that is stock. That means that at full boost your going to be running around 120-125 psi. I would think that a 4:1 fmu would be enough. something for you to think about.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So a 4:1 FMU would be better? I don't want to get injectors...yet.

Should I buy a RevHard/Drag manifold or get one custom made?

Also, how much is this installation going to cost? I have all the components, so it would include mounting, IC piping, hoses/clamps, fuel pump installation, and gauges.

Thanks.

Jason

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
jayvic said:
Why are you going with such a high 12:1 fmu for only 6 or 7 psi?? I would think for stock injectors, that is a lot of pressure. At 7 psi your up 84 psi plus your stock 38 or 40 psi that is stock. That means that at full boost your going to be running around 120-125 psi. I would think that a 4:1 fmu would be enough. something for you to think about.
With stock injectors you need to run at least a 10:1 if not a 12:1 fmu to get enough fuel.The amount of boost has nothing to do with which fmu to get.The size and flow of your injectors determins the fmu you need.

12:1 fmu +6psi of boost = 84psi of fuel + 40psi (idle pressure) 124psi of fuel +10psi that the fpr raises the fuel pressure under load so you have 134psi of fuel:eek:
Thats why it's a good idea to get larger injectors
This is what i'm runing rite now
6:1 fmu+ 6psi of boost = 36psiof fuel +38psi (idle)= 74psi of fuel +10psi for under load = a grand total of 84psi of fuel at full boost.
As soon as i get my V-AFC installed i will be lowering that to a 4:1 fmu and i'll be runing 8-10psi of boost.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you're at 6 psi with a 6:1 FMU, why do I need a 12:1 FMU at 6-7 psi. I'll gladly lower the boost a tad, because I can't afford to spend $300 for injectors right now. I'll probably get injectors when I get a Apexi S-AFC, and then kick it up to 8-10 psi.

Can anyone confirm about fuel pumps? Should I buy a pump, and have a shop run the lines (in sense make a kit), or buy like an Integra kit and maybe modify it? Thanks.

Jason

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Mr. CR-V said:
I still need a few things for my set-up. First off is a new pump. I want a Holley/Walbro 255lph pump, but no kits are made for my car? Should I just buy it (pump only, no kit) and have a shop do the rest? Or woulda an in-line be better (MSD?) ?

I'm planning on running 6-7 psi, so I'm not getting injectors yet. Vortech 12:1 FMU is a must.

Last thing pretty much is the manifold. It's a b20 block, so a GSR manifold would fit. I don't think I want to pay 450 for a rev hard manifold, so what is a cheaper option (cast iron)?

Thanks in advance. Eventually I'll get this thing rolling.

Jason
Try cross referencing the fuel pumps.I know the civic and integra take the same fuel pump (same part # when you order a holley/walbro).If all else fails you could go with a in-line fuel pump.
Try calling South Florida Performance for a turbo manifold.They make custom manifolds for any car (305)233-8520

1 - 12 of 12 Posts