Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering can you turbocharge a crx with a b16 motor? My friend says there wouldnt be enough room for it. Is that true?

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
Well he's right, there isn't a lot of room, but you can still turbo a B16 no problem. You'll have to relocate your battery to the hatch, and no more AC if you have it. Other than that I don't think you have to worry. I don't have a turbo Rex so this is just what I'm told. A really good site for this kinda stuff is http://www.homemadeturbo.com

·
Registered
55 Posts
lostbethus said:
Im thinking about keeping it n/a instead of turbocharging it.
If u can keep it NA and be quick ill respect that, what are u trying to do with the car? Drag or autox, or just a fun daily driver? On a personal note im gonna have to say that i love my car about 10x more after i put my turbo in, my hks ssq bov is my new best friend haha

Marcus

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
yes, it's very possible to turbo a B16 powered rex. I have a friend with a turbo B16 ef hatch. Also the del sol VTEC dual core radiator is a great idea and like it was mentioned, saves alot of space up front where you need it.

ScorpioMk, Sounds like you're enjoying your turbo setup. I think you'd be much happier selling the 15G and buying a T25 or 14B turbo from a dsm. The reason I say this is because I had a D15B7 with a T25 that dyno'ed at 148whp @ 6600 rpm and 134lb-ft @ 4xxx at 5.5 psi and saw you only put down 125whp at 5.5psi. In no way am I knocking your setup, but if you sold that 15G and bought a t25 you'd prolly be happier and still put some money in your pocket.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ScorpioMk, Sounds like you're enjoying your turbo setup. I think you'd be much happier selling the 15G and buying a T25 or 14B turbo from a dsm. The reason I say this is because I had a D15B7 with a T25 that dyno'ed at 148whp @ 6600 rpm and 134lb-ft @ 4xxx at 5.5 psi and saw you only put down 125whp at 5.5psi. In no way am I knocking your setup, but if you sold that 15G and bought a t25 you'd prolly be happier and still put some money in your pocket.[/QUOTE]

Did what were u using for fuel management? the reason i ask is cause i was only using a fmu, im supposed to go back to the place i dynoed for tuning after i get a new clutch and injectors. those fmu's suck, my a/f was at 12.9-13 almost the whole time. What are the differences between the 15g/t25/14b as far as size. When i go back and tune im prolly gonna tune for 180-190 hp. would one of the other turbos work better for my hp goal, and in the future i do plan on building the a6 up and going to maybe 250 hp and i hear thats about where the 15g maxes out.
Any answers appreciated.

Marcus

·
Registered
41 Posts
is there any way of putting in a turbo or a superchager in a rex with a zc with out taking out the a/c?

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
njn63 said:
It can be done retaining A/C actually if you want.

A very good idea though if you're planning to turbo a crx would be to go to a 92-00 style radiator (aftermarket or stock) because it will free up a lot of area directly where the turbo will sit.

thats a nice setup...everything you need... in fact, more than you need...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts