Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was talking to my friend about getting a greddy turbo kit and he said i would have get an entirely different exhaust then the one i have on my car right which is a magnaflow cb. Is this really necessary?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
for a basic greddy bolt on turbo that exhaust is probably perfectly fine. really depends on the piping diameter though. 2'-2.5' is ideal, but 2.25 would be perfect IMO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i thought so too...i knew i shouldn't have listened to him he is one of those dudes who thinks he knows everything about cars...not saying i do but atleast i'll admit it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats hott man.....im probably just gonna build up my engine then go for a greddy turbo kit....problem i don't even know where to start on the engine build up

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
bigp79 said:
thats hott man.....im probably just gonna build up my engine then go for a greddy turbo kit....problem i don't even know where to start on the engine build up
work the suspension first man, TRUST ME its alot more fun then high HP with shit suspension

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah man i know where to start with suspension i just don't know where to start with building up my engine i just recently really got into cars at the beginning of the year

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
bigp79 said:
yeah man i know where to start with suspension i just don't know where to start with building up my engine i just recently really got into cars at the beginning of the year
just one step at a time man, LOTS of stuff needs to be preped before you get boosted. thats the last thing Im doing
here is tha plan I devised

-all refured maintenace first
-lower car
-get everything for alignment
-replace anything work bushings ect.(boost BEATS on parts)
-get some stuff to help plant the power
-new clutch and a good one lol

here is what Ihave done so far
eibach sports,tockiko blues,omni LCA's,megan h-brace,ES motor mounts,ES rear trailing arm bushings,megan toe and camber kit,CTR strut brace,timing belt and water pump, AEM cam gear.

to do:
XTD stage 3 clutch and im ready for some snail man :)

danijeldanicic is my SN

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
speedjunky01 said:
just one step at a time man, LOTS of stuff needs to be preped before you get boosted. thats the last thing Im doing
here is tha plan I devised

-all refured maintenace first
-lower car
-get everything for alignment
-replace anything work bushings ect.(boost BEATS on parts)
-get some stuff to help plant the power
-new clutch and a good one lol

here is what Ihave done so far
eibach sports,tockiko blues,omni LCA's,megan h-brace,ES motor mounts,ES rear trailing arm bushings,megan toe and camber kit,CTR strut brace,timing belt and water pump, AEM cam gear.

to do:
XTD stage 3 clutch and im ready for some snail man :)

danijeldanicic is my SN
The clutch is a good idea, but shouldn't you be building the engine before turboing? I've never heard of anyone loweing their car for boost.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
bigp79 said:
how much boost could i run my y8 on stock internals?
well whats the milage and condition on the engine? 9-10 psi is a nice safe number with a good tune, people have pushed it to 15psi on a stocker.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
bigp79 said:
95k and the engine is good condition everything has been well taken care since i got the car one year ago
nice, mine has 110k and I plan to boost her.

I am planing on a build if it blows up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
bigp79 said:
how much boost could i run my y8 on stock internals?
about 200~220 to the wheel, at around 10~11 lbs with good fuel management unit, if u gonna go over that built ur internals and get some big brake kits too along with suspension

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.