Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to get my drag kit installed in my gsr but found it it didnt come with a FLANGE for my turbo to my downpipe.... you guys kno anywhere i can find one???? also im going to be running 7 psi will that still haul??

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
solid said:
trying to get my drag kit installed in my gsr but found it it didnt come with a FLANGE for my turbo to my downpipe.... you guys kno anywhere i can find one???? also im going to be running 7 psi will that still haul??
Your telling me that there is no flange on the downpipe to bolt up to the turbo? Drag kits are fucking stupid then if that's how they come!

·
Registered
362 Posts
solid said:
dude i dont think you know what your saying. im not trying to flame but the exhaust manifold connects to the downpipe. i think you mean it doesnt have a gasket right??

·
Registered
362 Posts
solid said:
yea it didnt come with a gasket... anyone know where i can get one???
i heard you can just use the copper gasket. they sell it at kragen and autozone. im currently not using one but im going to use it the next time i take apart my manifold. i think im leaking boost because theres no gasket but not sure though.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
solid said:
yea it didnt come with a gasket... anyone know where i can get one???
Just use the stock one it's metal and was meant to be reused many times.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do u really need one?? because i called up a couple places and they all said that u dont need a gasket if your manifold is flat enough..

·
Registered
171 Posts
you really do need one, I seriously doubt that both your head and mainfold are absolutely flat, If it is leaking at all it will slow your spool up. Its worth it just for the peace of mind.
Laters...
[email protected]

·
Registered
362 Posts
solid said:
will the stock gasket work??
i swear you was asking about the gasket from the manifold to the downpipe, but yea the stock gasket will work from the block to teh manifold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts