Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were joking when we suggested a performance-tuned Forester should accompany Subaru’s growing line of turbocharged all-wheel-drivers, but it appears we were more than a bit prophetic.

A turbo Forester will join Subaru’s U.S. lineup. It arrives after an STi version of the WRX comes next June, and before a twin-turbo Legacy debuts in the fall of 2004.

The wagon-esque Forester likely swaps its 2.5-liter four for the intercooled turbo four that gives the WRX 227 horsepower and 217 lb-ft of torque—a significant increase from the current 165-hp, 166-lb-ft Forester. Hmmm, wonder what should we joke about next?

autoweek

·
Banned
3,307 Posts
divinewisdom said:
We were joking when we suggested a performance-tuned Forester should accompany Subaru’s growing line of turbocharged all-wheel-drivers, but it appears we were more than a bit prophetic.

A turbo Forester will join Subaru’s U.S. lineup. It arrives after an STi version of the WRX comes next June, and before a twin-turbo Legacy debuts in the fall of 2004.

The wagon-esque Forester likely swaps its 2.5-liter four for the intercooled turbo four that gives the WRX 227 horsepower and 217 lb-ft of torque—a significant increase from the current 165-hp, 166-lb-ft Forester. Hmmm, wonder what should we joke about next?

autoweek
wow..really cool

my question is...are we really getting the sti wrx...or is this just a rumor still?

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
pretty sure the sti is comin this way...

as for another souped up subaru i believe the Legacy is gonna b another subaru thats all souped up...got a thread floating around here somewhere

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I've heard this rumor as well; apparently the transmission will be geared longer than the WRX, so the EJ20 Forester will accelerate slower but will have a higher top speed.

What I'm really interested in is the Legacy. IMHO the Legacy sedan is one of the most beautiful cars out there, but unfortunately it's a bit underpowered, even with the H6-3.0 available in the Outback. Please oh please bring the Legacy GT-B over here, Subaru! :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts