Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
i'm not too sure, but from what i here it comes with a little handheld thingy that helps you tune it, and i think for the turbo cars it's about $680 something like that, i think that i'm going to be getting this system though

· Registered
115 Posts
BoostinGSR said:
what fuel management do u guys use?
i heard hondata is great, but it's a standalone which is pretty expensive. how hard is it to maintain and adjust this system?
it doesnt come with any hand held "thingy" the stage 4 has the capability to burn and write base plots and roms. other then that, you can get youself into a stage 2 hondata for around 500. stage 4 around 1,200

· Registered
69 Posts
management

hey a word of advise it is a pain in the a$$ to use the hondata because all adjustments must be made with the car not running
i use to run a pms and now i run a haltech if you have any questions e-mail me direct(i also still have my pms 375 if you want it)

HALTECH KICKS ASS

· Registered
112 Posts
what do you guys think of the new AEM standalone? I'm thinking they run about $1200?

Do all the standalone units have to be tuned with a dyno?

· Registered
69 Posts
you can tune the car driving on the street if you have some good gauges i recomend greddy air/fuel egt (greddy is alot more accurate than autometer) but even after you get it running really good you can still ussally make another 25 to 60 hp on the dyno even with small changes like 2% fuel changes can make around 20 hp also you usally can make alot more hp through out the powerband . make sure the dyno shop you use has a wide band o2 sensor (most valuble tuning devise) just tuning my car on the street i am runnig as high as 16psi on pump gas and as soon as i get bigger injectors i plan to run more boost my car pulls really hard all the way to 8500 rpms and i have beat several 12sec v8s i go to the track wed so i might have some time slips later this week
john

· Registered
112 Posts
Dont forget the APEXi super AFC, and APEXi ITC. AFC to modify air fuel ratios and the ITC to electronically control the advance and retarding of the ignition system. These are the units that are next on my list unless I just decide to go with a standalone.

· Registered
467 Posts
Well, check out the forum on best boost controllers... but to sum it up :

Cons : Kinda complicated to learn and program (but hey, whats not complicated in a turbo system)

Pros : Optimal settings for wastegate, the Profec A learns the way your turbo spool and works so that he knows how to play with it..Its equipped with "fuzzy logic"

In my opinion, this is the ultimate boost controller

· Registered
69 Posts
fast nsx

first of all it does not tie into my stock o2 sensor. my stock o2 sensor is sitting on top of my tool box in my garage. my haltech has a wide-band o2 sensor which is extremly accurate and i hate to tell you but the greddy air/fuel gauge is with in a couple of percent from the readings on the wide band o2 sensor. if you shake those rocks in your brain around you might recall at the dyno you get your air/fuel readings from a wide-band o2 sensor. i thought i made it perfectly clear that you could pick a decent amount of horsepower at the dyno but that you could also get your car runnig very good on the street.

· Registered
666 Posts
Re: fast nsx

nerve69 said:
first of all it does not tie into my stock o2 sensor. my stock o2 sensor is sitting on top of my tool box in my garage. my haltech has a wide-band o2 sensor which is extremly accurate
Cool your jets, little man. If you read my post, it starts out with "if" so it is correct. If you have a Harriba or other five wire type o2 sensor, that's great, they are very accurate. Most of the people on here don't. So, start calling names when I post something incorrect, not when you get your ego dinged because you didn't correctly read my post.

Again, IF you have a gauge that hooks up to your STOCK O2 sensor, it is not accuarate. When I post something that is not true, then you can get pissy. Otherwise, calm yourself down, fool.

· Registered
168 Posts
Tell em Mr. FastNSX

Back to the topic, i have a 99 (year is also important) GSR Turbo and an AFC. this really sucks imo. I cant wait to get something else in the car. I am still tossed up between the three.

The AEM would be the cleanest, but close to the most expensive.

The Hondata 3b (the unit i would go with) gives you some really cool options that you might not want. I would love to have launch control and the rev limiter. Talk about better ET's. Once you find the optimal launch point, set it in the Hondata's three stage rev limiter and have the most consitant launches youve ever seen. This is very cool to me, BUT, it is a lot more stuff. You have to install an OBD-I ($25-250) ecu, buy the cable ($250), put in the unit it's self, and then install the clutch piece. But, the nice thing about the Hondata is if you plan to tune it (stage 4), then you have the started maps to your advantage.....

I havnt heard a lot about the AEM or Haltech. I would like to know more so if anyone knows, please post!!!!

· Registered
666 Posts
oneupster said:
I havnt heard a lot about the AEM or Haltech. I would like to know more so if anyone knows, please post!!!!
I would rate the Haltech E6 as just slightly better than the DFI gen 7 (hard call, maybe equal) and equal to the Electomotive TEC II in terms of performance. The TEC II comes with coils, which is cool, but the Haltech will work with almost any aftermarket ignition (MSD, etc) which is also cool. So, it really depends on which of the finer points of their design is better suited to what you want to do. Motec is best, but $.

The AEM sounds great, it just hasn't been in the market long enough to get any useful feedback.

You are right about the features of the Hondata and if you take your car to the strip on a regular basis, it may be the best choice just for the drag specific options it has.

· Registered
69 Posts
FAST NSX

TO START OUT WITH I DIDNT CALL YOU A NAME I TOLD YOU "TO SHAKE THOSE ROCKS IN YOUR HEAD AROUND " WHICH YOU DIDNT
HAVE YOU EVER EVEN SEEN A HALTECH ,SPEED PRO, MOTEC ,HONDATA, PECTEL, PMS OR AEM SYSTEM OH I FORGOT YOU DRIVE A NSX THAT MEANS YOUR HIGH CLASS YOU PROBALLY HAVE ONE OR TWO OF EACH AND US LOWLY INTEGRAS AND CIVICS JUST CANT COMPETE (YEAH RIGHT). "FOOL" THATS FUNNY THAT IS PROBALLY HOW YOU FEEL WHEN YOU GET BEAT BY CIVICS ,INTEGRAS, ECLIPSES,VETTES ,SUPRAS ,300ZXS , AND MOST OF ALL MUSTANGS. HAVE YOU EVER EVEN RUN YOUR CAR OR DO JUST KNOW ITS FAST . YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT YOU ASSUME THAT YOU KNOW EVERYTHING SO YOU PROBALLY CONSTANTLY WATCH THIS FORUM TRYING TO USE SOME OF YOUR MAGAZINE KNOWLEDGE TO TRYAND MAKE SOMEONE LOOK STUPID . OH ABOUT THE LITTLE MAN STATEMENT THAT IS SOMETHING I WOULD EXPECT FROM SOMEONE WITH A SILVER SPOON IN THERE MOUTH AND A NSX UP THEIR A$# . YOU LIVE AUSTIN I LIVE IN HOUSTON IF YOU THINK YOU CAR IS FAST LETS GO AND WHY DONT YOU GO TO THE DYNO SO WHEN THIS STREET TUNED CAR BEATS YOU YOU CAN FEEL EVEN BETTER ABOUT STATMENTS LIKE "LITTLE MAN"

THE ONLY REASON I AM EVEN PISSED I HATE IT WHEN I AM GIVING SOMEONE ADVISE AND A KNOW IT ALL BUTS IN TO CORRECT ME ON SOME THING I DID NOT EVEN SAY OR IMPLY

YOU SHOULD BE NICE TO PEOPLE LIKE ME BECAUSE I AM THE TYPE OF GUY YOU WILL BRING YOUR CAR TO WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING DONE TO IT OH WELL!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.