Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
dlim1 said:
why would you downgrade to a b20 head? there are plenty of people that have gsrs and have turbo kits that run fine
Apparently he wants to drop the c/r....changing the head will drop you .3 c/r at the most.

Dont change the head...its a waste of time and money and it wont fit. YOu can run fine with 10:1 c/r with turbo. But be aware you wont be able to boost high enough(above10psi).

5-7psi on a GS_R turbo will result in less lag down low, but yet youll still have a good top-end pull.

If you want to boost above 10 drop the c/r to 9:1 or 8:5....thats for the serious turbo engines

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. i wasnt goin to change the head i was goin to change the block. but i just keep my block and build it up. if i only run 5-7 do i need to upgrade fuel? ignition? or ne thing else?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
by ne chance does ne body got some settings for a gsr on a vafc. i know every motor is different so settings would be different. im just trying to set to get it somewhere decent. not trying to get dyno want to get alittle more stuff. gsr w/ act 6puck extreme pressure plate, dc sports header, cold air, skunk 2 intake manifold, and full 2 1/4 catback exhaust, apexi vafc, 9.3mm wires.

·
Registered
365 Posts
OMG you guys have to be kiddin me!!!

JAYMAN320 said:
Apparently he wants to drop the c/r....changing the head will drop you .3 c/r at the most.

Dont change the head...its a waste of time and money and it wont fit. YOu can run fine with 10:1 c/r with turbo. But be aware you wont be able to boost high enough(above10psi).

5-7psi on a GS_R turbo will result in less lag down low, but yet youll still have a good top-end pull.

If you want to boost above 10 drop the c/r to 9:1 or 8:5....thats for the serious turbo engines
YOu actually didnt dissuade him from that b20 head changeover? LOL anyway you can boost way over 7psi on a stock gsr. Are you really staff on this forum because your info is basuda (garbage). SOrry to flame ya but for real man get your facts str8. You can boost 13psi easy with the right fuel and TUNING. If anything go with a inline pro if your scared. I wouldnt though. You can drop the ratio to 8:5 but that means that me boosting my stock b16 at 11psi will smoke your stock your gsr at 15 psi w/ the 8:5 ratio. civic93 i advise you to do your homework before you get into turbocharging your gsr. It would also help to check out the turbo forum if you havent already.
Later
ONce again LOL jayman:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm also looking at getting a turbo put into my GSR. It's a 2001, I've been talking to the guys at Greddy and they are currently working out fuel problems with their kits for the 2001's. My main concern is reliability. I'm a student and won't have a lot of extra cash sitting around incase something breaks. Any recomendations on a turbo setup that will give me a good increase in power and not wreck a stock motor would be awsome. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
129 Posts
imo turbo is best w/out vtec.. the cam overlap is no good w/ turbo.. u want high lift short duration vs. the high lift longer duration which is best for all motor. lsturbo is the way to go.. that's the engine that's gonna put out the torque and torque is what gets u down the 1320.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re: OMG you guys have to be kiddin me!!!

boostedb16a3 said:
YOu actually didnt dissuade him from that b20 head changeover? LOL anyway you can boost way over 7psi on a stock gsr. Are you really staff on this forum because your info is basuda (garbage). SOrry to flame ya but for real man get your facts str8. You can boost 13psi easy with the right fuel and TUNING. If anything go with a inline pro if your scared. I wouldnt though. You can drop the ratio to 8:5 but that means that me boosting my stock b16 at 11psi will smoke your stock your gsr at 15 psi w/ the 8:5 ratio. civic93 i advise you to do your homework before you get into turbocharging your gsr. It would also help to check out the turbo forum if you havent already.
Later
ONce again LOL jayman:D
werd.. finally someone who knows what they're talking about

·
Registered
25 Posts
8 psi easily

hey man go with the drag kit and use a tial wastegaste with stock 8psi spring and you will see over 250whp with stock bottem end. Must have tuning done right away...trust me! Also RC 310 are a must, stock injcts max out even with V-afc, trust me been there as well. Think about that one!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.