Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently swaped a 5spd 92 h22a in to my 5spd 2002 honda accord. i installed a greddy turbo kit,lightend flywheel,stage 1 clutch,aem fuel rail and regulator at the same time. i also used a 97-01 usdm prelude throttle body. The preprogramed box that came with it was for a 07-01 prelude. So i bought there E-manage and support tool package so i could make it work properly. TDC is on, valve timing is flawless,distributor is on mark, fuel pressure is correct. Went through the E-manage process and everything was correct. No engine codes. But the motor will not run. It starts then dies, i get like 3 cycles out of it. Its really rich, the exhuast just reeks of gas. The rpms shoot up to 3 and 4. When i unplug the idle control i get no engine code. But if i unplug the vtec i get one right away. Is there something wrong with the P13 ecu? When i test it, it seems fine. I could really use some suggestions. The car has been sitting there for like a month now. Im considering having it towed to a performance shop but the closest one is in Sac town(bout a two hour drive). What should i do? :confused

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
h22asleeper said:
i recently swaped a 5spd 92 h22a in to my 5spd 2002 honda accord. i installed a greddy turbo kit,lightend flywheel,stage 1 clutch,aem fuel rail and regulator at the same time. i also used a 97-01 usdm prelude throttle body. The preprogramed box that came with it was for a 07-01 prelude. So i bought there E-manage and support tool package so i could make it work properly. TDC is on, valve timing is flawless,distributor is on mark, fuel pressure is correct. Went through the E-manage process and everything was correct. No engine codes. But the motor will not run. It starts then dies, i get like 3 cycles out of it. Its really rich, the exhuast just reeks of gas. The rpms shoot up to 3 and 4. When i unplug the idle control i get no engine code. But if i unplug the vtec i get one right away. Is there something wrong with the P13 ecu? When i test it, it seems fine. I could really use some suggestions. The car has been sitting there for like a month now. Im considering having it towed to a performance shop but the closest one is in Sac town(bout a two hour drive). What should i do? :confused
The 92-96 preludes used larger injectors than the 97-01. I suspect it has something to do with that...

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
h22asleeper said:
Ur problem is that shitty ass emanage. My boy had the same problem with his del sol and everytime he sent back the emanage to greddy they sent him another defective unit. He is currently using an safc to control fuel till he gets hondata. Emanage is a disaster........and whenever it does work it runs pig rich.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.