Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Can i run 6psi on stock injectors??? and only upgrade the fuel pump.

and do i have to have a fmu?

P.s. trying to eliminate expenses
1. psi means nothing. 6 psi on a t25g is different than a 60-1

2. you always upgrade the fuel pump. walbro 255's can be had on ebay for 99 dollars

3. don't use an fmu on your car. get your ecu chipped and tuned with Neptune or chrome. tuning is always the most important. if you can't mod your car the right way then don't mod at all.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
you need:
High pressure fuel pump
FMU
stock injectors will work
1. yes
2 fmu: no
3. how do you know stock injectors will work. you don't know the trim turbo he is gonna use. what if the kit he has uses a t3/t4 60 trim with a stage 5 wheel?

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
if he uses a 12:1 fmu. He has to use stock injectors
moral of the story. go big or go home. i think you'll agree with that. it's not expensive to get your ecu chipped aim for 11.5:1-11.8:1 afr at wot for a safe mixture. and get soem nice 450-550cc injectors. dsm injectors work well with a little modding and are cheap

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
he never mentioned turbo size and you can't give advice on assumptions. alot of these kits kids are getting come with big generic t3/t4 turbos. but hey it's his ride i would never run any of that stuff on my car without a proper tune

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the only thing i know about it is that it has a t3 housing..I took the turbo to the shop and he said it was a good turbo.

He just told me he could hook up his equipment up to it and tune it so idk what he is tuning it with

· Registered
10,272 Posts
As stated before, don't bother with a FMU. Even a budget turbo setup should not skimp on the fueling.

I'd grab a walbro, some DSM injectors or similar and a chipped ECU with a basemap at the very least.

· Registered
478 Posts
Learn what your doing or you may as well just light your money on fire. I would recommend having your ecu chipped and tuned. Depending on what performance you want to get you may need a fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator and or injectors but it should be simple enough to turn down the boost while tuning to a level that your injectors can support.

· Registered
110 Posts
the most important thing is not to rush your build! take your time and do it right. dsm 450's are good for around 280-300 whp, and there cheap! you have to get colder spark plugs!, thats the biggest mistake people make. buy a fuel pump now, if you dont you will stress your stock fuel pump, and trust me you dont want your fuel pump to fail at wide open throttle! and if your gonna run any more than 9lbs of boost you need a new map sensor. the factory map isnt designed to read boost so it will only see like 9.67 lbs or somthing.. you can NOT tune a car by turning up the fuel pressure. there is a lot more to tuning than how much fuel pressure you have. like injector duty cycles, injector pulse width, timing curves, timing retard per lb of boost. the list keeps goin. its easier to help you if you start the thread with some sort of goal, like 1/4 mile time or something. but horsepower can change dramatically from one dyno to the next, and from one day to the next . just do it right.... dont try to get away with a half ass build. you will kick yourself in the end!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.