Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys driving turbo'd hondas do about emissions testing if you have it. We're just now getting it in my area, and i'll be boosted during next inspection. Does it pass on low boost? It'll be a 96 Civic EX w/ revhard turbo (replacing with tial 38mm wastegate, greddy type s bov) at 8psi.

also, i'll be converted to obd1 and i have a hi flow cat and apex n1 (some other stuff too, but they shouldn't mess with the results at all). Should I just replace my hi flow cat with my stock cat for testing and turn down boost or what?

·
Registered
956 Posts
2 things...

1 your a 96 car meaning its obd2 and therefore i dont think your going to go on the dyno, so theyll probably just run the ecu test. So dont have any check lights on.

2. i heard once you do the obd1 conversion, you fail.

somone please correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
309 Posts
It seems logical to me, that no matter what your fuel management, if they don't look under the hood, and your car still runs in open loop mode under part throttle, you should pass....

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know they're doing the ecu test around here .. and if thats all they'll do - i'll just have to get a new o2 sensor and i should pass if all they're looking for it is CELs .... anyone else have any input

oh and about the obd1 conversion ... i can always switch the ECU back, shouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
956 Posts
oh i completly forgot, there are o2 simulators for obd2 cars, that could possibly help.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NyQuiL said:
oh i completly forgot, there are o2 simulators for obd2 cars, that could possibly help.
i think i've heard of that before - any clue on where to get one? I think i read how to make one one time but i'd rather buy one haha

·
Registered
956 Posts
if you do a search on google or h-t you should find it.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
oomuskablindoo said:
i think i've heard of that before - any clue on where to get one? I think i read how to make one one time but i'd rather buy one haha
www.jegs.com or www.summitracing.com

I believe it's called the Casper O2 sensor or something...

·
Registered
309 Posts
If someone knows the website for the kid that sells the SMC's and SMC+'s and stuff, I know when I last looked at it he was also selling an o2 simulator...!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts