Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright please dont tell me to search..... i have read up and have some knowledge i just would like a couple of quick questions answered. First I will tell you my goals. I would like to purchase a greddy kit and run it with a stock engine on relatively low boost levels. Nothing crazy as i have read the terrible problems with boosting h22's. It is true that i may have my car tuned with a vafc if I am running a lower psi like 4-6? And if so, would it be a good idea? Money is a large factor here. That is why i am scared of hondata and aem.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Have you looked into uberdata?
Hondata isn't much more then a v-afc.
Last I checked a v-afc runs about $350, hondata s100 + boost is about $450. Thats only $100 more and you get so much more for that $100.
Both require larger injectors and both require dyno tuning so really your only looking at about $100 give or take a little.
Another option is to use the greddy tuning stuff (blue/black/e-manage) whatever comes with the kit. If your only looking to run 5psi +/- a little I'd just stick with the kits components. I believe the kits runs 7psi. You'll have a safer and more powerful engine if you invest in the tuning, but it's not required since your buying a complete kit.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, I just have to find the kit for a decent price

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wait a second.... ive been searching and it doesnt look like greddy makes a kit for the 93-96 vtecs only 5th gens... why wouldnt one of those work? Also Im having a tough time finding something comprable.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
the blue box that comes with the kit is tuned for 97-99 ecu's. also the downpipe is longer than the 4th gen but you could have a downpipe made. tune with something else and it'll work fine.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Just go custom like i did. Believe me....u think u got it bad? They dont make shit for accords! All the kits are expensive and dont come with the stuff i want anyway so i went the custom route.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
95accordlx said:
Just go custom like i did. Believe me....u think u got it bad? They dont make shit for accords! All the kits are expensive and dont come with the stuff i want anyway so i went the custom route.

yep, listen to this guy ^^^^ he learned the hard way.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
95accordlx said:
same here i had to do my turbo kit over again cause i bought a kit with shit i didnt want.

·
Registered
204 Posts
egvtec said:
same here i had to do my turbo kit over again cause i bought a kit with shit i didnt want.

Name a application were custom was NOT the better way to go then buying a kit. Well...excluding the hennasey kit(but that's another story)

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
click on his name on the left side of this thread and you'll see.
you can also send him a private message if you wish.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
ricer said:
hey 95accordlx can you help me does anyone know this guys instant message name?
U always send me PMs jus saying "help"...or "where do u live?"....i dont know u like that and if u need help jus tell me what u need help with.

·
Registered
247 Posts
damn bro excuse me im turboed too wtf i was just askin a simple question with your setup where you able to keep your front engine torquemount and if so how and what what turbo setup please indulge.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
ricer said:
damn bro excuse me im turboed too wtf i was just askin a simple question with your setup where you able to keep your front engine torquemount and if so how and what what turbo setup please indulge.
Dont get pissed off because this is the first time u ever stated what u needed help with.
Anyways.....no i dont have my front engine mount anymore because the SFP mani and the size of the turbo didnt allow for it so i got rid of it. That caused
horrible engine rocking so i got a custom made polyurethane rear engine mount and that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
ricer said:
okay what about the side mounts did you do those too and the rear mount did that stop the rocking?
RPM NYC made me the rear mount....i didnt do the side ones.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts