Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a turbonetics turbo for my 2000 si. i was wondering if its possible to install it myself or if its better to take it to the shop. any ideas how much it would run me?? i got one estimate 850 for installation and 280 for tuning. dont know if its too much. also if the turbonetics turbo kits are good??

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
It's usually best to do your research prior to buying something then after you have already bought it.
As far as the install goes, for me it's as easy as changing your oil, but a little more time consuming...for you? I have no idea because I have no idea how techincal you are, read the directions then decide if you feel comfortable doing such task.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
mishkakasalapiy said:
im good at reading and following directions. i installed exhaust, hearders, changed brakes, springs. but this is more complex.

The only part that may be of issue is welding for the oil return line, the rest is as easy as doing what you've already done....bolting things together tightening connectors etc.... pretty basic if you really think about it...it's just a lot of steps so most people get discouraged because it seems complex

·
Registered
624 Posts
If it's a kit, then you should be fine. Nothing to it at all. The hardest part on any turbo install (kits) is the oil lines. And that shit is not even hard at all. Just gets time consuming sometimes. A quicker solution to that is not use a T fitting for the feed line. Use a block adapter instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.