Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched "two guys garage" today, call me a noob, but ive never seen this before, they put a turbo on a camero, but they put it in the back of the car in place of the muffler :eek . The intake, turbine, and the little oil pump for the thing were all back there just under the bumper.. Anyone seen this before or am i just completly oblivious (spelling) :bh

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
that kit makes no sense to me.
here are some things i see wrong with it. this is just my oppinon from looking at those pics.
1. if the turbo is oil/water cooled how do you run the lines all the way to the front of the car? maybe you can get a feed line to the turbo but how do you get an oil return line to the motor?
2. thats one long ass intercooler pipe. more likely to experience boost leak problems, and you always have to watch out for road hazards. forget about blowing off an intercooler pipe. you'll have to pull over and jack up the car to fix it.
3. it doesnt have an intercooler. yes you can probably install one but thats gonna be a pain and even more piping.
4. insane price

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
that set up is plain rtarded.
I can understand being different, but.. . . :noo

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesnt make much sense does it, I was thinking that if you lived anywhere with snow which equals salt, you would be pretty screwed on the life of the turbo.

·
Registered
63 Posts
CrEaTiVe PuNkA said:
well one thing that helps spool up is heat annd its cool by the time it gets there. it would have soo much lag.
AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED :clap

well any muscle car guy will tell you that "turbos are just ghetto superchargers" :p

then they come out with this insane shit.... waste of money if you ask me

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont remember the exact numbers on the gain, it was 40+, which is horse shit for a v8 and the car sounded like terrible.

·
Banned
87 Posts

don't pay attention to 2 guys garage they went and put about a grand in a fucus, anyone who does that needs smacked :lmao .
As for the turbo in the exhaust that's added money with the fuel pump but I guess saving money because you don't have to get a new header but then again you need a new sectioned exhaust pipe. they coulda saved time and money by drilling a hole in the oil pan. I mean I guess it gets more propulsion from the exhaust? but that's about $600 more tubing and about 1 day extra worth of work. just my opinion tho....

plain retarded...but I guess they WANTED lag.. I mean a normal v8 with a turbo doesn't have any lag at all. Damn v8 guys... they need some religion....the honda kind! :clap

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
its always ran through my mind why people don't just flange the turbo past the stock header instead of replacing it. its replaced for better flow, which is my first point

I have a vid of an SS camaro w/ that type set up. rear mounted turbo was used because there was absolutely no room in the engine bay for a turbo.

---here is just a list of my comments on STSBS turbo---
1. its not exactly 'replacing' the muffler per-say. it would just be pointless to run a 1' pipe to a muffler
2. this setup creates a horrendous (sp?) lag time
3. turbo charging a vehicle does not require tapping the oil pan, [special ed voice] h2o KOOLING YAY! [/special ed voice]
4. yes this set up may cool the turbo/air, but got dayum its still gonna be freakin hot
5. using an intercooler to further cool this air will only lengthen lag.

i'm sure i'll think of other things, but i've seen $1000 set ups pwn this BS

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I am dissapointed in you guys, so much speculation will such little actual info.
Have any of you guys actually looked into this product and seen dyno numbers or is everything that you guys are saying just what you think?
Some of the info is posted on their website for your viewing....

ex98, why do you say that? ghetto superchargers???
Is that way so many of them are switching to turbo's now?
I personally don't consider a product that makes more usuable power, peak power, and more versatility then a sc ghetto.
IMO thats an uneducated comment made by one of you domestic buddies. All mine woud take a turbo over a sc anyday....as would I

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It actually has alot of strong points to not being in the engine bay.. you guys should read up about em before bashing em.
Edit: they are working on a product for the civic/integra line but it is going to be expensive as hell. 4g's approximatly

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
fuco8210 said:
It actually has alot of strong points to not being in the engine bay.. you guys should read up about em before bashing em.
Edit: they are working on a product for the civic/integra line but it is going to be expensive as hell. 4g's approximatly

its the price that is my main concern... i would rather stick with the traditional turbo that currently gets generally better performance and is cheaper...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts