Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone who has one, what setup and what kind of timeslips? not talking drag-strip beasts, more daily driver type business....

· Registered
46 Posts
T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo
RevHard Exhaust manifold
Spearco 29” FMIC
Vortech FMU
Apexi S-AFC
Vortech BOV
Deltagate II Wastegate
JE 9:5:1 Flattop Pistons
Eagle Rods
Race Engineering Blockguard
Metal Headgasket
RC 310cc Injectors
3” Testpipe
3” Downpipe
3” Thermal catback Exhaust
B&M FPR
Walbro Fuel Pump
MSD Blaster 3 coil
Missing link Check Valve
Magnecore wires
NGK plugs (2 step colder)
B&M short shifter
CS stage2 Clutch
BBK 62mm Throttle Body
Greddy Turbo Timer
FAL Fan
ARP Hardware

Gauges:
5” Tach w/ shift light
EGT
Fuel Pressure
Boost
Air Fuel

Daily Driver,

· Registered
11 Posts
1FAST GS- have you got any dyno numbers or quarter mile times? How much boost are you running? What is your fuel pressure set to at idle and how is your idle quality? Are you running aftermarket valve springs, or cams?If you have not already timed it, how fast do you think it is approximately? Sorry for all the questions but I have basically the same parts in my Teg and I am very curious.

· Registered
46 Posts
MIKES- I havent ran the car since i re-built the engine, i just finished with the internals a couple weeks ago....I dynoed it without the internals and tuned it and put down 250+whp and 220+ lb/tq at 9psi.....and i ran [email protected] bumping the boost up to 14psi and I will tune and dyno it again, until i get my standalone ECU then its 17-18 up on pump gas.....Holla if you have anymore ?'s.....or IM me peace

· Registered
11 Posts
Wow, thats awesome.I have a 91 GS integra with
JG head fully ported & polished (stock valve train?)
JG 1001 cams
AEM cam gears
JG match ported intake manifold (stock)
JG Throttle body
B&M adjustable fuel pressure reg (settings at idle with turbo?)
Buick Grand National intank fuel pump
Clutch Masters Stage 3 clutch & pressure plate
Stock flywheel lightened from 18 pounds to 13
Aluminum crank pulley
T3T4OE turbo
Custom turbo manifold
Richard Lee wastegate
2 1/2 intercooler piping
Custom front mount intercooler
HKS blowoff valve
440 cc injectors
Type R oil pump
Eagle rods
Endyne forged pistons
ARP head studs
Sleeved block (stock bore)
PYR ecu with upgraded fuel & spark curves (rev limiter set to 8600rpm)
2 1/2" exhaust
Missing link check valves
Vortech FMU

The motor will have 9.5 to 1 comp. What problems do you see with my setup if any? How hard is it going to be to tune these injectors with stock ecu? What fuel pressure should I use to start the motor with? Do I need upgraded valve train, because these cams stop making power at 7300rpm? It will be another month before it goes in the car because I am currently building up my bottomend but anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
46 Posts
If your reving out to 8600 your gonna need to replace the valve springs and retainers at least, and that ECU's fuel curves was set-up for NA correct?....If so you are gonna have to do something about that as-well....Other than that your set-up seems real good. I would suggest just getting a S-AFC to help you tune, if your not going with a standalone right away. O and yes i would do the valve train as-well.......8600 is HIGH.

· Registered
185 Posts
1Fast GS said:
MIKES- I havent ran the car since i re-built the engine, i just finished with the internals a couple weeks ago....I dynoed it without the internals and tuned it and put down 250+whp and 220+ lb/tq at 9psi.....and i ran [email protected] bumping the boost up to 14psi and I will tune and dyno it again, until i get my standalone ECU then its 17-18 up on pump gas.....Holla if you have anymore ?'s.....or IM me peace
Nice set-up, love what you use~ but there is one ? on my mind. a B18B with stock internals you said dynoed @ 9 psi made 250 whp is kinda up there. I'm not doubting you, cause you have no point in lying, but the numbers just seems too perfect. I doubt a B18B can make more than 240 whp @ 10 psi (stock internals). Can you tell me what helped so much in making those numbers.

MIKES: Great set-up too, but you CAN use a bigger turbo, unless of course you're doing mostly street races.

· Registered
46 Posts
First... I had evrything on that list when i dynoed it the first time (except anything dealing with internals) so that helped a bit, and you say 240....I know of a few B18B's that have dynoed at that, that Ive seen up close, My base run was 235 so With tuning of the fuel and timing i was able to get roughly 17whp and close to 20lb/tq out of that dyno session. And your right I have no reason to lie.

· Registered
185 Posts
thanks for the info, i havn't seen much b18b turbos with such good dyno numbers, it's great! I just remember seeing someone here on the board, i think he's name was "MugenIntegra" and he had like 271 @ flywheel and some nice torque numbers @10psi, and that was believe to be amazing. [email protected] is about the same as your [email protected], but remember, you only did it with @9psi so your numbers are pretty amazing to me too.

I actually have seen a b18b past the 240whp mark @ 10 psi, but that's with a haltech standalone w/ a good tuner who knows how. i think the numbers were something like 244whp, and (around) 208-212 lbs/tq.

· Registered
868 Posts
Hey, you guys runnin turbos, how much do you think you have spent to get the turbo where you want it to be? How much more do you have to buy along with a turbo to make it really work right and most efficient?

· Registered
678 Posts
revhard

just to say one thing. a stock gsr on a revhard turbo can make280 hp at the wheels, so im sure that an ls can make 250 at the wheels. i know its two different types of engines but the horsepower difference is about the same about 30 horses. i would love to run 12.9 in my car.

· Registered
185 Posts
Re: revhard

blueSI said:
just to say one thing. a stock gsr on a revhard turbo can make280 hp at the wheels, so im sure that an ls can make 250 at the wheels. i know its two different types of engines but the horsepower difference is about the same about 30 horses. i would love to run 12.9 in my car.
Ummm @ how many psi ;)

· Registered
185 Posts
b16a ferio said:
Hey, you guys runnin turbos, how much do you think you have spent to get the turbo where you want it to be? How much more do you have to buy along with a turbo to make it really work right and most efficient?
A lot more than what comes in a TURBO KIT~

Lets use a very good set-up as an example, such as 1FAST Gs's: if you don't mind.

all prices are not exact and "Dealer/Retail"

T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo - $500-$900
RevHard Exhaust manifold - $350-$500
Spearco 29” FMIC - around $600-$1000
Vortech FMU $100-$150
Apexi S-AFC $280-$400
Vortech or HKS or Apexi or Greddy BOV - $ 150 -$240
Deltagate II Wastegate $ 120-$250

RC 310cc Injectors (recommended) $240-$400
3” Testpipe
3” Downpipe
3” Thermal catback Exhaust
B&M FPR (good to have) $40-$60
Walbro Fuel Pump
MSD Blaster 3 coil
Missing link Check Valve (Must have for those using oem MAP) $60
Magnecore wires
NGK plugs (2 step colder)

CS stage2 Clutch (good to get a upgraded clutch)
BBK 62mm Throttle Body (a plus) $180-$300 plus oem core
Greddy Turbo Timer (a should have to babie your turbo) $70-$100
FAL Fan (something extra/good to have)

as you can see, that's a adequete set-up to run very well.
as for additional items, i would recommend.

~Boost controller: Apexi AVC-R - $400-$640
~skunk2 manifold would be good too with the bigger TB, prefferably port-matched @ 64mm -$200-$300
~Reprogrammed or Up-graded Ecu ($ varies)
~Better Wastegate (Tial, HKS, etc...) $350-$700
~Adjustable Cam gears would be good but not neccesary $140-$240
~Apexi ITC (Ignition timing control) something very nice to have to adjust timing +or- 15 degrees @ varias RPM band $230-$300

That's about enough
sorry for the long post, but hope this helps, and good luck.
:)

· Registered
321 Posts
Re: Re: Re: revhard

blueSI said:
9 psi with 3 hours of dyno unning , when i say stock i mean hes got a v-afc and thats it witha 3 inch exhaust and test pipe.
Sweet ~ I guess i've just seen too little and am suprised! :)

· Registered
185 Posts
Re: Re: Re: revhard

blueSI said:
9 psi with 3 hours of dyno unning , when i say stock i mean hes got a v-afc and thats it witha 3 inch exhaust and test pipe.
Ops.... That was me who replied with DPTKFIL on accident~

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.