Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive always wanted to have extra power in my civic.. I have a 98 Ex coupe. I push my little sohc as hard as i can, and obviously,still isnt enough... This would be my first performance modification to the car. I always thought about turbo kits, but they were so expensive.. I dont want an all out racer, but i do want to have that get-up-n-go feeling... Is this a waste of money, or is it a good deal. How much horsepower do you think i could expect from this kit? If i do get this, is therre anything else that i should think about getting with it?. i dont want to waste a good 600 dollars..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7954637720&category=33742

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
this question is asked daily.

SSautochrome sucks. There's a reason it's cheap.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I;ve heard the ssauto's suck cause the mani cracks.. but i have also heard from people that they are ok.. Honestly i couldnt tell ya i havnt had the kit.. but you could build a junkyard kit for little over a grand and with a small turbo it will spool up quick and give you torque and that get n go you want.

·
Registered
624 Posts
If you want a good reliable, quality setup, get a greddy or edelbrock kit. You can find the greddy kit on ebay for 1400, and it comes with everything you need for a fun daily driver. I know that 1400 is more than twice what you suggested spending, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
there is somebody on this forum that is pushing 215 whp with a SSAUTO kit on a stock D16Z6 and has had it for a lil over a year no problems as of yet.They really do offer great deals check out http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1291 there is a kit on there with a front mount and a T3 for like $950.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
^did you decide on no new car this summer?

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
xtremefusion said:
Yeah, making car payments in conjunction with going to college wouldn't be too feasible for me. :(
that sucks man,not so much that you are not getting anything but more so that you get your hopes up and all,I'm still planning a SRT4 this summer and if you were closer I'd let you hammer the gears in it for a day or so :)

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
98civic4door said:
that sucks man,not so much that you are not getting anything but more so that you get your hopes up and all,I'm still planning a SRT4 this summer and if you were closer I'd let you hammer the gears in it for a day or so :)
Yeah lol, thanks man. I'll be having fun, just not as much as I'd planned for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts