Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
anything's possible if you're willing to pay a price for it.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
stevey323 said:
I know its possible to turbo an H22.. but can you put a turbo kit on the Euro F20b Engine???
yeah you can...a guy on another forum i am on removed his diy itb setup and will be installing a turbo soon on his f20b.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow i just got notified by email that somebody responded to my post... I posted this a whileee backkk...Sad because i dont even have my accord anymore (r.i.p) :(

... good news is i now have a wrx

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes it is high compression... though obviously adjustable with pistons. also, if you don't want to do an expensive all motor build, the rods, pistons, crank and head internals are more beefy than a h22, the cams are more aggressive and it has iron sleeves - in general, a much more sturdy motor for boosting if you don't want to do expensive upgrades to make the parts hold up. plus, i hear you can make turbo work ok with high compression - just takes some know how and a great tune. it's not high enough to make turbo impossible - static compression is 11.0 stock. i think flat top pistons with a 1.1" compression height would bring you down to about 9.7 compression which would work just fine for boost - though it would make for even worse low end power until it spools up.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
the f20b is a high compression, high revving motor that makes it's power in the higher rpms.

because hp = tq*rpm/5252, a lower displacement motor which has lower torque, must rev high to make decent power. this cam profile is not really that great for turbo because of the heavy NA characteristics (lots of valve overlap). you could get some turbo camshafts if you want to make better use of the compressor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.