Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
:eek What if I live in Canada?!?! Oh man, I can almost hear the BOV right now :love But on the site it says it's for 92-95 EX. What if I have a 98? :confused

turbo-kits said:
You will see a gain of 50 - 60% in HP. There is a nice DYNO on the site of the TSI Extreme kit on a 95 Civic EX (http://www.turbo-kits.com/images/tsi_95_civic_ex.jpg)

As you can see 170HP is a very nice number, but the best part comes in the Torque numbers... 170FT LBs of Torque :)

Oh Yeah!

I actually have a D16 Civic EX kit that someone bought and returned. It comes with a Ball Bearing T25, Intercooler, everything the site states for the Extreme kit for $2500 shipped. That is well under the cost of the standard kit, and this one you get the BB turbo :)

Jesse

·
Registered
302 Posts
We have a kit for the 98 you would have to buy that as a different kit unless you are willing to do the extra work it would take to get the 95 kit to fit into your car. My guess is slight custom fiting of the charge piping and possibly welding the downpipe. Other than that the rest should work.

Also, shipping to CAN would be an additional $100 USD

AdvanTech said:
:eek What if I live in Canada?!?! Oh man, I can almost hear the BOV right now :love But on the site it says it's for 92-95 EX. What if I have a 98? :confused

·
Registered
35 Posts
turbo-kits said:
We have a kit for the 98 you would have to buy that as a different kit unless you are willing to do the extra work it would take to get the 95 kit to fit into your car. My guess is slight custom fiting of the charge piping and possibly welding the downpipe. Other than that the rest should work.

Also, shipping to CAN would be an additional $100 USD
The kit for the 98 won't be the same price will it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive got a ALL stock engine, other then a 200amp alternator, for my 2000 Honda Civic EX (D16). Ive been looking around for awhile about getting it turbo'd. Price is not that big of a deal, however, cheaper is ALWAYS better. I'm looking to gain hopefully around 100hp, just enough to break at least the 200hp barrier. I want to save power steering and AC, and Im looking for something reliable in the sense that once its on, im not going to have to worry about buying another engine. Right now, the RevHard Stage II looks like a really good option, and I can get it at a really decent price.

Please help me, if there is any other information you need, feel free to ask! :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Truthfully, with the D16 and your HP goal only 200HP. I would suggest the TSI Extreme Kit. You can get that for $2799 (and we have a special $100 off and FREE Shipping in the US). You will be much more happy with that kit then the Rev Hard (based on the spool factor alone).

The TSI Extreme kit will get you full boost by about 2200 - 2500 RPMs. The Rev Hard is more like 4000 - 4500 RPMs. You will gain almost 100 FT Lbs of Torque when you hit your 200 HP mark :)

Let me know if you have any other quesitons...

Jesse @ TurboKits.com

CivicWo|f said:
Ive got a ALL stock engine, other then a 200amp alternator, for my 2000 Honda Civic EX (D16). Ive been looking around for awhile about getting it turbo'd. Price is not that big of a deal, however, cheaper is ALWAYS better. I'm looking to gain hopefully around 100hp, just enough to break at least the 200hp barrier. I want to save power steering and AC, and Im looking for something reliable in the sense that once its on, im not going to have to worry about buying another engine. Right now, the RevHard Stage II looks like a really good option, and I can get it at a really decent price.

Please help me, if there is any other information you need, feel free to ask! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
That TSI kit looks to only pull about 170hp :( Im looking for something thats gonna take me a bit higher. Do you have any dyno runs for a 99-00 w/ the TSI kit?

Also the Tial Wastegate and Vortech BOV seem a bit nicer then the nameless BOV and with what I assume is an internal wastegate. And doesnt a T25 struggle at higher RPMs in hondas? From what I see in components, the RevHard II still looks like the best deal.

Jesse, is the RevHard II a "bolt-on" kit, or does it require extensive installation (is anything lost when its installed)?

·
Registered
302 Posts
The TSI and Rev Hard kit are going to both get you to abvout 170 HP on the stock engine. The nice thing about the TSI kit is the T25 is smaller and spools faster.

If you are looking for more HP and better components, the Rev Hard kit is your best bet. The install is pretty staright forward, you should be able to keep everything...

Jesse

CivicWo|f said:
That TSI kit looks to only pull about 170hp :( Im looking for something thats gonna take me a bit higher. Do you have any dyno runs for a 99-00 w/ the TSI kit?

Also the Tial Wastegate and Vortech BOV seem a bit nicer then the nameless BOV and with what I assume is an internal wastegate. And doesnt a T25 struggle at higher RPMs in hondas? From what I see in components, the RevHard II still looks like the best deal.

Jesse, is the RevHard II a "bolt-on" kit, or does it require extensive installation (is anything lost when its installed)?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well....I was under the assumption that the RevHard would take me around the 200hp range....why does it say on your website "HP Gain: 75-100 HP (safely on stock engine)" Are you just lying? If I do my addition correctly 127 + 75 = 202. and lets see 127 * .56 = 71(Max) then 127 + 71 = 198.

I dont mean to be a pain, but this is the information which you are providing on your website. If this information is not true, I strongly suggest that you change your false advertising.

I dont plan on running anymore then 7psi of boost...so which would be better for a daily driver vehicle, I dont mind if it's not giving me full boost all the time, but I dont want it struggling at higher RPMs (I often dick around). My engine has only about 17,000miles on it, and im not really interested in taking it to the tracks. Making my friend's cars appear in the rear view mirror more often is the practical goal for me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good Question... I just post what the manufacturers tell me. Let me check with Rev Hard and TSI to see what they say. I know that TSI runs at 6 PSI and Rev Hard at 7 PSI on a bigger turbo. Maybe the DYNO is at the Wheels and that is where our difference in #s is.

On to your second question. If you are truly worried about the engine choking up in the higher RPMs. I would suggest the T28 Ball Bearing Turbo. I have a guy in a 2003 Civic EX running 13.6 in the 1/4 @ 10 PSI on the TSI Extreme Kit and the T28 BB Turbo Upgrade.

The only reason I keep pushing you towards the TSI kit is the turbo is better matched for a 1.6 SOHC. If you heart is set on the Rev Hard, that is a great kit too... I would have no problems saying get that kit. Rev Hard makes great stuff.

I will get back to you on the answers from Rev Hard & TSI. Then we can clear these questions up...

Peace

Jesse

CivicWo|f said:
Well....I was under the assumption that the RevHard would take me around the 200hp range....why does it say on your website "HP Gain: 75-100 HP (safely on stock engine)" Are you just lying? If I do my addition correctly 127 + 75 = 202. and lets see 127 * .56 = 71(Max) then 127 + 71 = 198.

I dont mean to be a pain, but this is the information which you are providing on your website. If this information is not true, I strongly suggest that you change your false advertising.

I dont plan on running anymore then 7psi of boost...so which would be better for a daily driver vehicle, I dont mind if it's not giving me full boost all the time, but I dont want it struggling at higher RPMs (I often dick around). My engine has only about 17,000miles on it, and im not really interested in taking it to the tracks. Making my friend's cars appear in the rear view mirror more often is the practical goal for me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
OK, I talked to Rev Hard and they said you will get about 10 - 11 HP / PSI from their kit. That would be on a completely stock D16. He said if you have an exhaust, cat, and other bolt-on stuff that number can be increase. So 75 - 100 HP is a good quote.

I also talked with TSI and they said the DYNO was done on a stock 95 Civic EX w/ over 100K on the meter. The DYNO was based on Wheel HP and not BHP. He also said the newer Civic EX's he has seen with the kit are pushing more like 180 WHP and 200+ BHP.

Hopefully this clears up any miscommunications...

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jesse @ TurboKits.com

CivicWo|f said:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Alrighty...thanks a lot! Im still scraping together the money, so i've got time to look around. Thanks for all your help.

Just out of curiosity, did you ever get a PM from me? My computer F*d up while I was sending it, so I dont know if it was ever sent. Its about the RevHard kit, I cant find out what really comes in the kit. Different places list different components; including the turbo, wastegates, intercoolers, and other stuff.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I did not get your PM. But I talk to Rev Hard a few times a week and my site is very up to date with what comes with the kit.

A few new things...

1) They dropped Turbonetics for Precision Turbos
2) They dropped Turbosmart for the Tial Wastegate

All good upgrades in my book...

I will check to make sure nothing else has changed. If something else is different I will post it, if not, then my site is up to date :)

Jesse

CivicWo|f said:
Alrighty...thanks a lot! Im still scraping together the money, so i've got time to look around. Thanks for all your help.

Just out of curiosity, did you ever get a PM from me? My computer F*d up while I was sending it, so I dont know if it was ever sent. Its about the RevHard kit, I cant find out what really comes in the kit. Different places list different components; including the turbo, wastegates, intercoolers, and other stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Like here, an eBay auction for the kit says it includes:
"Rev Hard Cast Iron Manifold
Rev Hard NUTEC T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo
Rev Hard Intercooler 28x6.5x3
NEW Turbo Smart 7psi. (TS-SEMA's Best Product for 2002)
Vortec Blow Off Valve
2.25" Aluminized Mandrel Bent Piping
2.5" Downpipe
Billet Map Diffuser (check valve)
Rev Hard FC (Fuel Controller)
Silicone Hoses & Clamps
Steel Braided -3 Oil Line"

Then another site lists:
"Rev Hard Cast Iron Manifold (w/AC)
NEW TiAL 38mm Wastegate
Vortec Blow Off Valve
2.5" Downpipe
Progressive Type Fuel Regulator
High Volume Fuel Pump
Purosil Hoses & Clamps

You have listed the Precision turbo, Spearco Intercooler, and 35mm Tial, etc.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am double checking with Rev Hard but the list on my site should be correct.

Also, they have different kits for different cars. The new Civic SI witht he K20 engine come with other stuff their standard Stage II kit don't.

The other possibility is that these people are selling a used or a kit they have in stock. I an selling direct from Rev Hard, BRAND NEW Kits.

Either way I will check with Rev Hard.

Jesse @ TurboKits.com

CivicWo|f said:
Like here, an eBay auction for the kit says it includes:
"Rev Hard Cast Iron Manifold
NEW Turbo Smart 7psi. (TS-SEMA's Best Product for 2002)
Vortec Blow Off Valve
2.5" Downpipe
Rev Hard FC (Fuel Controller)
Silicone Hoses & Clamps

Then another site lists:
"Rev Hard Cast Iron Manifold (w/AC)
NEW TiAL 38mm Wastegate
Vortec Blow Off Valve
2.5" Downpipe
Progressive Type Fuel Regulator
High Volume Fuel Pump
Purosil Hoses & Clamps

You have listed the Precision turbo, Spearco Intercooler, and 35mm Tial, etc.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts