Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
JAHONE said:
Magman said:
Any Idea were i can find a Turbo kit for a 1993 honda accord with a F20a???? :confused HI THERE i have a 93 honda accord that im adding turbo to same is your i have two turbo a T-26 that's on my 85 rx-7 and a new turbo.you can get any turbo for it.the T-3 T-4 turbo is going on the honda.have you done any mods to the engine yet

Hey,
Well i just bought the accord. About a month or two ago. The guy i bought it off of just dropped a new motor in it. but its just a F20a not a h22 or anything real nice. You have two cars?? and both are turboed???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Magman said:
JAHONE said:
Hey,
Well i just bought the accord. About a month or two ago. The guy i bought it off of just dropped a new motor in it. but its just a F20a not a h22 or anything real nice. You have two cars?? and both are turboed???
HI THERE yes two car are turbo out my fist car is a 1985 first gen RX-7 alot of work done to it,engine mods ( MONSTER STREET PORT,J BRIGE,HOLLEY 650, HOLLEY FUEL PUMP,T-26 TURBO,NOS, it's only the 12a engine, next my honda accord i was looking the the turbo manifold but it to much im making it for my car.im geting the block bore 30 over i just ported out my head's my self. is you car 2 door or 4

·
Registered
18 Posts
2000AccordCoupe said:
I wish I had the money ... :(
What amount of boost is suggested for a stock application?
HI THERE i have a ? f22 engine im adding turbo im not keeping the stock piston's im replacing it with turbo piston what you suggest my the boost thank you

·
Registered
68 Posts
JAHONE said:
Magman said:
HI THERE yes two car are turbo out my fist car is a 1985 first gen RX-7 alot of work done to it,engine mods ( MONSTER STREET PORT,J BRIGE,HOLLEY 650, HOLLEY FUEL PUMP,T-26 TURBO,NOS, it's only the 12a engine, next my honda accord i was looking the the turbo manifold but it to much im making it for my car.im geting the block bore 30 over i just ported out my head's my self. is you car 2 door or 4
Accord Lx sedan 4 door. i was hoping for a two door car but the deal came around and couldnt pass it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im looking to turbo my 00 accord ex i want to upgrade my internals, fuel management, engine management and source out a solid turbo kit.... looking for roughly 250-300 RELIABLE whp. anyone know where i can get some good built for turbo internals? ive found some good turbo kits which can handle some decent boost from earlier posts, and ill probably go with apexi eng and fuel managment...

·
Registered
30 Posts
well since it looks like jesse is hooking alot of people up with answers. what would be the best turbo kit.. for a 2000 Civic Ex D16Y8 AUTOMATIC. with intake/exhaust. my goals are around 200-250hp. i'm not sure if i remember correctly but a y8 can hold around 220hp i think i saw with no internal work? i've been reading and reading and looking for the right kit. also i wanna clear something up i havent really seen this asked. i know most kits require tuning ecu and ect.. but would a AFC Hack and of course along with a boost controller be alright for awhile when running about 4-8psi. i didn't wanna chip the ecu and make basemaps and actually do the tuning part since i'm not looking for 500+ hp. i would do this later on when i do some internal would and slowly turn the knob of the boost. any opinions and help is appreciated. also i do not wanna do a auto to manual swap.. this car is going to be show quality sooner or later and i'd like to still have an auto with a/c and p/s. sorry for long post but i'd love any help in making my decision.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HEY WAS UP GUYS I HAVE A 90 INTEGRA WITH A B2OB I AM THINKING ABOUT A TURBO SETUP DONT HAVE NE IDEA ABOUT WHAT I WANT TO DO EXCEPT THAT I ONLY WANT TO DROP ABOUT 10 POUNDS OF BOOST .......... MY MOTOR IS COMPLETLLY STOCK .... SUM HELP WOULD BE USEFULL THANX A LOT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I have a '08 Civic FK2 (european model, 5D), R18A 1.8l engine, manul 6-speed transmision.
I'd like to install a turbo kit on tmy car. Few month ago i talked to someone from turbo-kit.com and tell me that they didn't sold any kits for europen modells although the US civic 1.8l is R18A.
Did someone installed a turbo kit on european model (R18A)?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Greddy

You can't beat the greddy for the price, I mean, engine management and injectors in a kit that's less than 2k! The only problem is my 93 has b16sirII. The 99-00 kit is over 2k and is most likely not going to fit the body right, the 92-95 is for the 1.6 sohc. This will be my second attempt to buy a turbo ( the first time, my engine blew while the kit was in the mail). This time I was really wanting to just simplify everything in one kit, thus greddy rather than piecing everything together like last time, tried contacting a couple of stores, but noone was willing to mix the kits.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
You can't beat the greddy for the price, I mean, engine management and injectors in a kit that's less than 2k! The only problem is my 93 has b16sirII. The 99-00 kit is over 2k and is most likely not going to fit the body right, the 92-95 is for the 1.6 sohc. This will be my second attempt to buy a turbo ( the first time, my engine blew while the kit was in the mail). This time I was really wanting to just simplify everything in one kit, thus greddy rather than piecing everything together like last time, tried contacting a couple of stores, but noone was willing to mix the kits.
what are you smoking? greddy doesn't provide ems.....
for 2K you can build something a lot nicer than an off the shelf greddy kit

of course they don't mix the kits.. You buy a turbo from a turbo manufacturer or dealer and same with the manifold. pick out injectors you want and tuning you want. You don't call hks and ask for parts from their kit and then call greddy and ask for parts from their kit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lol

Calm down fancy pants, lol. The point was, the last kit I looked at from greddy offered injectors and engine management for 1500 to 1800, most kits don't offer these items in their kits, within this price range. And no, the manufactures are not going to mix kits, and never did I ever lead u to believe hks is going to make me a kit with greddy pieces, I was curious if anyone knew of a retailer, and let's emphasize the difference between a retailer and a actual manufacture, who might have mashups of some of these kits, for swapped cars. Great flame though!

101 - 113 of 113 Posts