Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
This question can't be answered so simply...that really depends on you, the set-up you plan to run, and in the end how much power you plan to make. For most applications a cast manifold is fine, in fact I'd say 80% of the people who turbo their car for street use are fine with a cast manifold.

My point is this, the manifold is not the "achilles heel" in a turbo set-up and any manifold whether a high dollar tubular or cast will get the job done, you will only notice the difference when you really start turning up the power.

Reactions: yanchulacivicsi

·
Registered
624 Posts
There are many factors to consider. But to simply put, given the same boost and tuning on the same engine, a tubular (tru equal lenght) will most likely produce more power. I think Boosted-Hybrid from H-T has a video of a dyno comparison between a log style and their Full-Race (ramhorn) style manifold. It yielded more than 50 whp at the wheels.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
thermalfi'd16 said:
There are many factors to consider. But to simply put, given the same boost and tuning on the same engine, a tubular (tru equal lenght) will most likely produce more power. I think Boosted-Hybrid from H-T has a video of a dyno comparison between a log style and their Full-Race (ramhorn) style manifold. It yielded more than 50 whp at the wheels.
yep i've seen that vid. impressive stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.