Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys im new, anyway im thinking about putting a turbo on my d15b7 im gettin a good deal on it, 900$ for everything, should i do this? keep in mind im going to be swapping it with a d16 later, but till then i want some extra ponies!

·
Registered
578 Posts
ya man if 900 gets you every thing gooo for it.. just make sure you have good fuel .. you dont wanna put a hole in piston like i did:(
what all does that 900 include?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is with installation the turbo includes, the pipes,all hoses, intercooler, the main shell, everything, and im sure a BOV, but installation is 400 so as u can see the turbo package itself is 500, but may i add its used :(

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
why not install it yourself and save a ton of cash?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
fsufan814 said:
gotta learn sometime, dont blame it on age, i was helpin build v8s in the back of my g/f's dads shop when i was 17...its all about the willingness to learn
Exactly you just have to do it to learn it. Especially since you not tearing into the block it won't be to bad, just take off... put on and wire a few things. more or less

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
egvtec said:
It will be a terd till u get the z6 but i would do it.
:nod

I would atleast do a mini me on it before doing a turbo,plus a Z6 or Y8 tranny will produce a good jump not in power but in how the power is put to the ground

·
Registered
1 Posts
richard...

Some people might still talk shit...i mean it is a dx..Ex or engine swap it, make that turbo put out as much as it possibly can. and get a LS tranny yum...thats whats up. more money more work but more output and more props.

·
Registered
72 Posts
make sure you do all the research before starting. You can find an abundance of instructions with some simple searchs. If you install it yourself you will apreciate it more and you will know what to do if a small problem shows up, but make sure you have access to a good tuner or shop in case you run into any problems which happens everytime I work on somthing. It's bound to happen. Good luck,. I wish I started when I was 16.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.