Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ludazzzz, I just recently had my H23a rebuilt cuz i spun a rod bearing at 140k miles and screwed everything up....well ITs aLL fixed. So should I TURBO this baby??? And i know a lot of you prolly say why not H22? Well the H23 has grown on me okay...To turbo or not to turbo?

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
SI#1 said:
Hey Ludazzzz, I just recently had my H23a rebuilt cuz i spun a rod bearing at 140k miles and screwed everything up....well ITs aLL fixed. So should I TURBO this baby??? And i know a lot of you prolly say why not H22? Well the H23 has grown on me okay...To turbo or not to turbo?
go for it

·
Registered
832 Posts
Well you got it rebuilt- but I assume you built it back to OEM specs.

If so then you run into the same old problems of the weak ringlands and the higher comp makes less room for errors. But if you did get some lower comp pistons and the block sleeved etc then I would say go for it

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Taikonaut said:
Well you got it rebuilt- but I assume you built it back to OEM specs.

If so then you run into the same old problems of the weak ringlands and the higher comp makes less room for errors. But if you did get some lower comp pistons and the block sleeved etc then I would say go for it
he got an h23 rebuilt not an h22

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya i got it rebuilt to OEM specs...new rings, new valves, new bearings, etc...but the pistons were fine didnt need to change those...i could run a decent turbo at like 5 or 6 psi on a stock engine right? What should i worry about when turbo-ing a stock engine?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah you should be able to run 6-8psi on a stock engine, but use good quality parts/know your stuff. Another big thing that factors into it is the tuning; looking at your location I see that you are in Portland and so I'll assume that you mean OR, cuz no one lives in Portland Maine.

For AEM EMS Torquefreaks is one of the best tuners for that. Hondata you got the guys at Groundzero who run 10 and 11 sec Hatches, so they know their stuff, but I've heard mixed reviews about them. Also Englishracing is another smaller company/group that does some tuning. They do alot of road tuning and they've got 2 11sec DSMs and a 11/12 sec Hatch in their group that I know of.

You could buy one of the premade kits like the Revhard and those, but I'd still upgrade the injectors and fuel pump and throw some tuning in there.

But yeah the big thing is the tuning part of it. There have been ppl who were able to run 12psi on a stock engine for years w/o problems and those who have blown ringlands on 6psi w/ a shitty tune/no tune.

Anyways where in Portland you at? I'm in Beaverton myself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice...Im in Vancouver..My friend works at groundzero and pineapple racing rebuilt my engine (by the airport)...so im guessin you've been to 24hour starbucks once before? haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GOt a ProBleM

MY rebuilt engine has about 4,000 miles on it...and its burning oil more than usual,(I didnt find any leaks) this baby should be broken in already, what should i do? Somebody said it could be the valve guide seals............i jus changed to synthetic mobile1 10W-40 couple weeks ago, could this be the problem?...Should i go 20W? hit me up

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
SI#1 said:
MY rebuilt engine has about 4,000 miles on it...and its burning oil more than usual,(I didnt find any leaks) this baby should be broken in already, what should i do? Somebody said it could be the valve guide seals............i jus changed to synthetic mobile1 10W-40 couple weeks ago, could this be the problem?...Should i go 20W? hit me up

way to hijack a thread

do a search and/or start your own thread

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.