Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys,

I want more power on my car, but not sure which one is good. Should I just buy Zex to install it, but I have a chance to buy a T3 Turbo /w Internal Wastegate (Intercooler 18x5x3 core size/endtanks 28x5x3 F22 Turbo Manifold F22 Gasket SARD BOV Vortech 12:1 FMU Piping Rubber Fittings Check Valves for Map Sensor 3 Inch Downpipe Air Filter Oil Pan /w Fittings and Oil Return Lines for around 1k. Is that all i need for turbo or do i still need more stuff?

Which one is a better thing to do and which one will produce more HP?

·
Registered
515 Posts
don't hesistate and buy , all that sutff usually costs around 2.5k if you can get it for 1k go for it and don't look back , thats all you need to run a turbo , something that i would get would be a turbo timer and a boost controller but thats about it forget about zex(For now)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Yeah if your able to get a great deal on turbo, go for it. Zex is a great power adder for 500 bucks, but for 500 more, buy the turbo. Also like people have said, turbo is constant, Zex only lasts the few seconds that you hit the button.

·
Registered
515 Posts
to further elaborate , Zex is a company that makes nitrous oxide kits just like NOS , NX and Venom

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all ya help

How do u know that turbo is in good working condition? is there anything that i should be aware of used turbo? Finally, how much power can i get from that T3 turbo since i have a completed exhaust system and a high flow cat with a AEM CAI.

·
Registered
836 Posts
nguy0750 said:
Thanks for all ya help

How do u know that turbo is in good working condition? is there anything that i should be aware of used turbo? Finally, how much power can i get from that T3 turbo since i have a completed exhaust system and a high flow cat with a AEM CAI.
Do you know how many miles are on the turbo? I couldn't tell you how to tell if its in good condition i'd take it to a performance shop and have them look at it. You can get rebuild kits for turbos for like 150$ so even if it is messed up its not that much to fix it. As for how much power you would get... it depends how much boost you ran. With your stock motor i'd probably run about 6psi.... which is probably good for about 40hp( i think).

·
Registered
515 Posts
actually accords can handle boost pretty well , 8 psi would be pretty safe and the general rule is 9whp per pound of boost so 9*8 is 72

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
PFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSST

what do u think?:D turbo!!

·
Registered
667 Posts
sttk2k said:
actually accords can handle boost pretty well , 8 psi would be pretty safe and the general rule is 9whp per pound of boost so 9*8 is 72
I seen accord can handle 400hp. It was on Importtuner awhile go.

Black sedan with BWI.

Article said car hp number was close to 400hp, but i don't it is from the wheel or not.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
well that accord might have had a built bottom end making it capable of handling much more boost than on stock internals, hence ~400 hp

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I forgot to tell you guys that i have an Auto accord. Is it ok to have Turbo on it and my car has around 90k miles. I hope the turbo wont blow my motor or else i'll be out of money for real. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
350 Posts
The auto tranny thing is not a big deal. (Turbo setups tend to work better with auto trannys.) Having 90K on your motor is OK also. Caveat: you first NEED to make certain that your motor AND tranny are in top condition; this could be costly as it may involve taking the motor and tranny apart to determine which internal parts are in need of replacement/repair. If I were in your place, I'd work on getting an H22A swap first.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts