Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a turbocharged D16 engine and I am having a bit of trouble with it. I have a mixture sensor on it and it is showing an excessivly lean mixture as soon as I start boosting and it dosnt go away until I let my car cool down. Also my radiator tube from the engine to the radiator is blown up like a ballon and I believe this may have something to do with it. When I drained my radiator and refilled it with new fluid the my engine was runinning well and with a good mixture for about fifteen minutes then it went back to the same excessivly lean problem. Can anyone help me or does anyone got suggestions?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
maybe something with vacum hoses going to FMU?

do you have one of those 12:1 vortech fmus?

sorry, i thought id just throw that in, i know nothing about turbos yet...

·
Registered
18 Posts
AmarDeepSK said:
I have a turbocharged D16 engine and I am having a bit of trouble with it. I have a mixture sensor on it and it is showing an excessivly lean mixture as soon as I start boosting and it dosnt go away until I let my car cool down. Also my radiator tube from the engine to the radiator is blown up like a ballon and I believe this may have something to do with it. When I drained my radiator and refilled it with new fluid the my engine was runinning well and with a good mixture for about fifteen minutes then it went back to the same excessivly lean problem. Can anyone help me or does anyone got suggestions?
To try and help solve this problem, I think we would need a little more information. To start, tell me what kind of mixture sensor it is that your using? Is it some form of wideband air/fuel ratio meter or is it just a narrowband gauge wired in with your factory 02 sensor? Also how are you controlling fuel/timing? Are you using a FMU, AFC hack, Uberdata or Hondata? In what way have you upgraded the fuel system to take on the added fuel requirements? Have you upgraded the fuel pump or injectors? Also what kinda of boost pressure are we talking about, and what size are the injectors if you've upgraded them. What kind of intercooler are you using?

All these questions could have a part to play in your problem(s). Get back to us with some of those answers and we might be able to help you out a little more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts