Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend is getting a new car after a recent wreck. rite now, he has an si motor swapped into a hatchback. he also has an extra ls block laying around. first question, add the si head to the ls block or keep the motor the way it is?

he also has a turbo, garret t3/t4 i think. comes wit BOV, pipings and injectors. wut else does he needs? i have gotten down the basic gauges. but another question wut is the safest psi to run on a stock trim si motor? he wants to have the go but also the reliability. wut all does he need to do and have to have a go go hatchback but have it reliability to take him across town?

thanks for all info u can give me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i tinhk he can run about 6-8 psi... he'd need a turbo timer(not REALLLY NEED IT) a wastegate, intercooler to be a bit mroe on the safe side... but if iwere him, id go natrual aspirated!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
wastegate, oil lines, vacuum lines, intercooler to keep the air cooler, fule pump, fmu, manual boost controller

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ne thing else? intercooler we already have. wut kind of fuel pump would u recommend? also, does he need ne form of engine management if he wuz gonna run 6 - 8 psi of boost? timing?

·
Registered
678 Posts
6-8 pounds of boost is ok for a stock si motor. i contacted greddy about their kit and they said they as far as they would go on their kit for an si motor is 9 pounds at the most. but they also said the kit is for a stock si motor if not then you will need more management stuff.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
if boost spike is dangerous for you guys, then i would suggest getting an electronic boost controller... they are almost guaranteed to not spike, and spiking may lead to fuel cut, or a melted piston ring

·
Registered
169 Posts
DLB1994 said:
yeh my turboX MBC spike like a motherfugger:D
mine is fine, it's probably your wastegate. Let me guess, turbonetics deltagate?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts