Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aiight...i got turbo on my gsr but i think i got fuked over on it. I was told that the turbo was pretty big, but i don't think it is.. Well let me tell u my setup and maybe you guys can tell me if my turbo is big or not. Really what i want to know is if my turbo is bigger than the drag gen 3..

-turbonetics t3/t4
-mark 2 wastegate
-spearco intercooler
-vortech fmu
-greddy type s bov
-drag gen 2 manifold

...Something i wan to know is if the turbo that i have only fits a drag gen 2 manifold doesnt' that mean that its hella small????

· Registered
185 Posts
kintik03: 60 trim is bigger than the ones on Drag Kit i think. Drag kit comes with a t3/t04e 54' I think. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Delsolls: I don't think there is a 63' standard trim.....That's a HELLA big compressor. Are you talking about a .63 a/r turbine trim?

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input speedster. Hey i've got a lil problem with my turbo. Maybe you can help me out. Here's what is happening. When i step on the gas the compressor side is supposed to suck in air and then when i let go of the gas the extra boost is supposed to be released through the bov rite?? well in my case after i let go of the gas the extra boost is released through the compressor and the sound of the bov comes out of the compressor side. Do you think you know what the problem is and if you do is it fixable.??

· Registered
185 Posts
kintik03 said:
thanks for the input speedster. Hey i've got a lil problem with my turbo. Maybe you can help me out. Here's what is happening. When i step on the gas the compressor side is supposed to suck in air and then when i let go of the gas the extra boost is supposed to be released through the bov rite?? well in my case after i let go of the gas the extra boost is released through the compressor and the sound of the bov comes out of the compressor side. Do you think you know what the problem is and if you do is it fixable.??
Now, first how do you know that the purge compressed air is released out of the compressor??? Are you standing in the engine bay trying to put load on the turbo and hear the sound? The turbo would not load up unless it is on a dyno or when it's on the road... or other methods. Anyways, as you said the purge air is comming backwards out of the compressor, which means the blow-off valve is not releasing the compresed air properly, thus cause the purging air to go backwards hiting the compressor wheel and spitting the charge air back out. Charged air is known to hit the compressor wheel and cause it to spin backwards when a BOV is not present, but releasing the charged air out there like you discribed is unlikely. You should check all the vacumm lines on the bov to make sure it is workign properly first, then we'll try to see what to look for next. BTW, what Bov are you using?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.