Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may sound like a stupid ? but.... i may buy a 1.6l sohc vtec engine for my civic(i know its not the fastest one out there) and i was wondering if a greddy turbo kit would fit it. i dont know the year of the engine, does it matter? also do you know which car this engine may have came from(the car it came in stock)

· Registered
1,675 Posts
vtecracer8600 said:
this may sound like a stupid ? but.... i may buy a 1.6l sohc vtec engine for my civic(i know its not the fastest one out there) and i was wondering if a greddy turbo kit would fit it. i dont know the year of the engine, does it matter? also do you know which car this engine may have came from(the car it came in stock)
You need to find out which engine it is.Because if it's pre-96 then it's a obd-1 engine and if it's 96-00 then it's obd2.You need to find that out before you buy the engine.What car is this engine going into?If you buy the greddy kit for the sohc civic engine (just for a reference we will say all 92-00 sohc civic's) it will fit them all.The d15b7-d16y6(or 8 i'm not sure on the engine code for the ex's).Even though the kit says it's for the ex/si it will fit the dx,lx,cx,vx,and hx also.
Find out the engine code then we can help you better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.