Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that a 14b turbo on my d16a6 is a sweet setup. I have never taken my car to the track, but some say that it is suposed to run 14's stock. I have a 90 Civic HB si 1.6L. I have done a large amount of research, but I still have a few questions. First off, my car just hit 206K miles, and although it still runs like a champ, do you think that there is too many miles to "pimp my engine"? If so, what should I change, before installing the setup? Next off, my car is still OBD0, and in order to run AEM EMS, I need OBD1. I know that there are harnesses out there to transform from the 0 to the 1, but will this be enough to make everything function properly? Another problem is that a AEM EMS costs $1,500, and Hondata seems to be sufficently cheaper? What is the difference? Which one is better? Stand alone fuel management systems are definatly the way to go, but will a piggy back setup hurt my engine? My laptop doesn't have a serial port, because that technology is OLD as "Something about 2 years old". I understand the port replicators are out there, but does anyone know if they will be switching to USB any time soon? That's about everything.
On a security tangent, I own a extremely good alarm, but does anyone have any good tips on how to make my car more unstealable? I have heard a lot of people say that their car have been stolen shortly getting their car setup. I know that some FUCKERS use tow trucks, but there is nothing you can do about that. I plan on keeping most, if not all, of my gauges and such hidden. The only problem is that a turbo car sounds deeper, and that is a mateing call for theifs. Some people talk about fuel shut off valves, and other kill switches. They are both good, but how are they (each) setup? I think that I might win the award for the longest thread on SH, which would be SWEET! Please don't reply with "you win" or something of that nature. If you feel inclined to, a rep will do just fine.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
is a good size turbo for a d16 especially if you find one for cheap. i dont think that hatch could run 14's even with basic mods. maybe around mid 15's with a good driver.

before you get the turbo set up you should run a compression test and a leakdown test to see in what condition your motor is.
depending on how that comes out you can decide on what parts to replace.

you can do a lot of stuff to prevent or slow down someone from stealing your car. some stuff that you could have/do is:
an alarm
hood lock
shift lock
club
fuel pump cut off switch
wheel locks (dont leave the key in the car)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Take a look at turbo edit, it will work on your stock ECU.

You need to do alot of research. check out homemadeturbo.com and turbod16.com

Thats alot of miles for the engine. You may want to look around for a new d16 you can find them for cheap.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone have a d16a6, in good condition, for sale? With Low miles

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
PartsHookUp said:
does anyone have a d16a6, in good condition, for sale? With Low miles
go scouting around at your local performance shops where they do swaps.
a lot of times people with 96+ civic ex/dx's go for b18's or h22 and they sell the d16's for very very cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts