Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kicking around the idea of putting a turbo on my GSR and I'm deciding between a T3 and a T04/T3

I've read the T3 spools up much more quickly, but what kind of max boost does it provide.

or with a hybrid, what RPM do you typically start seeing boost at, and how much higher is it than a T3

Thanks

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
civperc said:
what kind of h.p. are you looking to make?
Probably 250 to 300 hp out of a B18C1

I figure 9-12 psig of boost should put me in that range. I'm not looking at sleeving my block, lowering the static CR etc....so that's the most boost I figured I could run without major modifications.

To tell you the truth I'll probably put in a boost controller and run 6 psig most the time, and dial it up for a little fun.

So if I can make that kind of boost with the smaller compressor without overspinning it, I'd rather go that route, and minimize lag

· Registered
24 Posts
one of our friends hit 315hp to the wheels at 7.5psi tuned with a drag gen3 kit. the turbo he was using was a t3/t4e .57trim and .63 a/r

the t3 is too small, it will spool fast, but it top off in the higher RPMs, losing lots of top end power

· Registered
1,525 Posts
well the t4/t3 is a hybrid meaning its got parts from t4 and parts from t3 put together into one (cant remember which was which) basically the bigger the turbo the longer u gotta wait for the spool, but whe it comes ur gonna feel it:D smaller turbos spool faster for better low end performance

· Registered
11,248 Posts
If this car is mostly street driven then go for the T3. It spools quicker and will be more fun for the daily driver. Nothing wrong with the t3/t4, but I think that it is bigger than you need. Since it sounds like you are trying to keep your internals pretty much stock, you will most likely boost in the 6-8psi range. So the T3 will do the job just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.