Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i just bought an 88 civic drag car that is set up for a 150 shot of direct port nitrous, but it needs the bottom end rebuilt so i was thinking of selling all of the nitrous goodies that are on it and going turbo. I would go with the tunertoys/vitara combo for the bottom end, which would cost me around $500, so that leaves me with around $700 to spend on turbo parts. I would tune myself using turboedit and a wideband. Im just looking for opinions on what i should get as far as a turbo goes, power goal is 250-275 whp with the tt/vitara combo.

· Registered
3,077 Posts
14B! Log mani! great spool.

Theres some nicer cast style mani's for D series out there if you look for them. What compression ratio are you sticking it with? That will also tell what kind of turbo you will need to make a desired HP/TQ. If your good with math this PDF is for you. http://www.grapeaperacing.com/tech/turbochargers.pdf

You should know the rule, lower CR is more boost friendly and easier to tune, higher CR can get to be a pain in the ass... its much less forgiving with mistakes made working the bugs out.

What kind of rebuilding are yout thinking about? Most people just do ARP headstuds, but since the thing needs rebuilt as you say get some pistons and rods in there while shes apart.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
werd. Get some forged internals, especially rods, there the Dirty D's weak link.

· Registered
3,077 Posts
fuck gay ass log manifold garbage
Like a D series is worth a Tubular Divided turbo manifold. Besides hows a D going to flow enough air to max out a log mani? Hampsters dont breathe that fast.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Like a D series is worth a Tubular Divided turbo manifold. Besides hows a D going to flow enough air to max out a log mani? Hampsters dont breathe that fast.
true...then again i can find tuby manifolds that are equal length on egay for 99 dollars shipped :ninja

· Registered
3,077 Posts

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts

· Registered
3,077 Posts
true, actually if you look at some of the ebay headers they have supports on the manis now that attach at the bottom of the heads flange to the flange for the turbo.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Some guy made some weird log manifold out of piping for a sink.

Just picture a two 90degreee elbows goin into two T fittings. HAHA..its like a tubular log..w/o equal length.

Yeah go 14b for 275.

If your running NOS+Turbo..then i guess you could even go bigger..

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Lol wooow i didnt evn realize..What the heck..

NAWZ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.