Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow so i had planned to buy a revhard kit for my b18c until about an hour ago when i decided to see how much it will cost if i wanted to buy the parts I wanted...see what you guys think help me out a lil
rev hard kit $2800

Custom
Mani - 800 - lovefab
3" downpipe - 200$?
Turbo - 700 - precision (this area is where i need the most help at)
BOV - 200 hks
WG - 200 tial
IC - 500 (rough estimate) prob cheaper
IC piping - 200?
oil feed and oil return - 100
fuel pump - 100 walbro

the total comes to 3200

wow was i shocked, 400 bucks more and im getting VERY HIGH quality shit
does this sound bout right?
i dunno i guess its just too good to be true
-is there anything else im missing?
-also i would appreciate it if you guys could help me out on the housing part of a turbo. ive been reading through HT for a while now but still dont get how that stuff works...i was thinking about getting the sc61...at what rpm would it achieve full boost?
oh and wanna run 8psi and hit 300whp..thats my goal just incase you guys wanted to know

and ill be using a hondata s200b

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
dammnnn ... that's a damn nice setup. i would just piece it together and not go with the revhard. the revhard is a nice kit, but you're getting a kit FAR superior, with what YOU want. You can almost bring it to the price of the revhard kit, if you go with 6" Intercooler from www.johnnyracecar.com. There are alot of cars with em with 350whp+, and the builder is a SEMA right now so he's having a sale, $210 shipped to your door! Or get an HKS for $500 or so.

SC61 gets full boost around 5k rpms. Great choice with Hondata, and you'll also need some injectors.

Sounds like an awesome setup though. Good luck man.

·
Registered
936 Posts
you also forgot about injectors. Are u planning on building your motor anytime soon? Also i'd look into getting a spearco, or pwr, or precision intercooler.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The johnnyracecar IC's are great.

An intercooler is a freakin intercooler. If it dosent leak its all good.
Seriously, if you dont own a supra you dont need no huge ass IC (unless your building a racecar).

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Alotta people have the 6" with no problems ... and for a NEW, high quality intercooler ... you CANT beat $210 shipped.

·
Registered
936 Posts
an intercooler is a very important factor in turboing a car. It might not loose boost but also might not cool as good. The more surface area within limits will be better. That intercooler in only 2in think and 6 inches tall and really long. I'd suggest maybe a 26-28x8x3

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry to be off topic here for a sec...

Flip1199, isn't KS-Motorsports.com now WiredSpeed.com? Also it seems like the MaxRev turbo kits aren't for sale anymore.

·
Registered
936 Posts
yup sure is, i've just been lazy to update my sig

·
Registered
69 Posts
And if you only want to run 8psi, I would consider a different turbo than the SC61. From what I've seen, that turbo performs best above 12psi.......Not saying it wouldn't work, just saying the SC61 may be overkill for your application

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
what's a better turbo? for a stock block, and like 8 or so psi?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts