Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to start building a turbo kit for my Type R soon and i dont know what size turbo to use because i want a turbo that can spool fast but not too big. can anyone give me some advice on this matter , it would really help me out.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
anything t3/t4 will spool just fine.
i had t3/04e 60ar intake, 63ar hot side and it worked great and made great power at low boost.

also check in the Fi forum, thye might be able to help too

·
Registered
250 Posts
man i hate to say this....but you really gotta mess w/ the type-r's stuff....10.6:1 compression is just to high to high to run a turbo safely....sorry, but you gotta take the r out of it....you really need to build your internals first, lower your compression.....even with low boost you really want this car to last a little while dont you?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
dont post unknowledgable info . you dont knwo what your talking about. your preaching internet non sense. I know form experience, it can be done and be done easily. just have a good tuner

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
the reason i suggested that size is becuase anything smaller wont handle the hi revs of the itr.
my friend had a t3t4 like 48 trim and it wasnt making power past like 7500, while mine was still producing power well past9k.
bigger housings = more flow = more power, plain and simple.
the lasg isnt a bigg diff. even with my 82 ex housing i am making full boost by like 4500 or so . that spretty nasty , trust me and still hitting hard spool at 9k is nuts. im gonna get the head done now to handle like 10k or so so i can use the full potential as my set up

·
Registered
250 Posts
itr206 said:
dont post unknowledgable info . you dont knwo what your talking about. your preaching internet non sense. I know form experience, it can be done and be done easily. just have a good tuner
ok....sorry if i came across like that....but you wont be making the power i would like to make unless you build your engine.....sorry for sounding that way but i was comparing your situation to mine

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i made 300whp on 8psi with no timing in it on the 1st dyno session, i then bumped it to 11psi with open dp on stock internals, im guessing close to 375whp or so , thats not good enuff for you?

sounds like you just dont know what your doing .

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
icant becuase i already tore it down to try to hit the 600whp marker
im sure if i really cared that it did it would have. but for what i do , i dont even expect fully built motors to last me over a season or 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts