Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT TURBO TO RUN IM NOT SURE AFTER I GET HONDATA....??

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any website weher to find one of those...........?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imm loking to runu around 6 PSi for now cause the engine is stock and i dont want to run to much on it cuase it has high miles..... money isnt really a bid issue but i dont want to spend to much for 6psi but im getting hondata....and pretty much turboing it cuase i want to be able to put peps in there place when they thing they can fuck with a lude :lmao

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea eventually i want to run around 15-20 psi

·
Registered
440 Posts
i just hope he doesnt put in enough nos to blow himself up :bh

·
Registered
349 Posts
The amount of boost isn't the problem...

It's the tuning. I have ran 10 psi in a stock internal D series vtec with a turbo. I ran stock internals on a b18 @ 13 lbs, with a JRSC. I believe you could run a stock internal H22 @ 13 also, maybe even 15lbs, with a blower. It won't make any more power than 6 lbs, because you will have to detune the EFI to handle the boost. People think the more pressure they push through their cylinders, the more power they will make. The truth is, the more air you can flow through your motor, the more power you will make. I have seen many built engines running 8-10 lbs, properly tuned, outrun built 15-20+lb boosted motors, with the latter drivers getting pissed because they lost. "I don't get it, I am running twice the boost!". It's not about what you can add that makes power, it's about properly tuning what you have, or build, for a specific need. Don't try to build a daily driven 10 sec strip car, and don't think you can daily drive a 10 sec car. If your use your car daily, make it reliable. Don't throw a big turbo on it, get greedy, and then get mad when you blow it up. You can have fast daily driver, just expect to spend a whole lot of money. Hondata is not a magic answer to making power, but it can be a piece of a winning puzzle.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how about people just answer this post like a few of these guys did with sensable coments not just smart remarks ill be running 6 psi on a H23 by the way...

·
Registered
665 Posts
AHAHAH yeah yo. call up Dom and his crew. u owe him a 10 second car. ah but like, i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time. the problem with that movie is that vin diesel is a pussy.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Prelude92Si said:
how about people just answer this post like a few of these guys did with sensable coments not just smart remarks ill be running 6 psi on a H23 by the way...
dont pay attention to them, they just messin around

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.