Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys look I'm just making a general inquiry I'm wondering how much more likely a turbo 93 V-tec H22A engine would be to blow compared to it non turbo and what are the biggest things to help decrease its likeliness to blow.

Also how difficult would it be to swap a s2000 engine into a 93 Prelude

· Registered
430 Posts
h22a weak stroke... need to build it for turbo and the engine isnt friendly to aftermarket pistons.

and a s2k engine aka f20c is a rwd engine so your talking about dropping a rwd engine into a fwd car dude do some research.

· Registered
430 Posts
alot of trouble and very expensive, as much as a built mkIV supra would cost 20k+... beside u have a very forgiving engine when it comes to bolt-ons, seems easier to go with bolt-ons or building your engine then doing a rwd s2k swap on your prelude or better yet sell it and buy a 240sx.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah I see, just got one last question thats come to mind if you were to fit a h22a engine into a silvia would there be any extra hassles i know its a rwd but it has a sr20de which im pretty sure is a fwd engine

thx for your help btw

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Ah I see, just got one last question thats come to mind if you were to fit a h22a engine into a silvia would there be any extra hassles i know its a rwd but it has a sr20de which im pretty sure is a fwd engine

thx for your help btw
what are you smoking? why would you spend 10 grand to convert a silvia to fwd and put a weak ass h22a in there? sr20's have put down near 700whp on factory internals. sr20 silivias are "ALL" rwd.

· Registered
49,788 Posts
what are you smoking? why would you spend 10 grand to convert a silvia to fwd and put a weak ass h22a in there? sr20's have put down near 700whp on factory internals. sr20 silivias are "ALL" rwd.
um.. obviously you dont know the popular saying there is no replacement for displacement. and h22 is 2.2 liter engine where your little sr20 is only a 2.0. im pretty sure the h22 can make 900whp with only a cam, honda will always be better than nissan

maybe you should think before you read

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
um.. obviously you dont know the popular saying there is no replacement for displacement. and h22 is 2.2 liter engine where your little sr20 is only a 2.0. im pretty sure the h22 can make 900whp with only a cam, honda will always be better than nissan

maybe you should think before you read
haha i guess that's why they're known for their ultra strong ringlands that crack under minimal power levels and their horrible rod/stroke ratio.

haha i love you

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
im not a nissan guy, but correct me if i am wrong. but didnt the old school sentra seR come with sr20's and were front wheel drive?
yes and infinit g20's but they were n/a had 9.5:1 cr and the parts are 100 percent interchangeable with rwd sr20's. and like i stated earlier there is an awd itb'd gtir, and the awd suv's that came with neo vvl aka (vtec) and 280 hp

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.