Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has a '99 LS Coupe w/ Auto around 35k, lowered, CAI, system, chromes(light ones, figure that one out)...

Looking for some results for a turbo setup in a 3rd Gen Teg LS? He was looking for some results on turbo kits before he goes out and gets one. He was wondering about the drag kit,Greddy kit,or even the revhard kit, or any other kit that performed well or bad.

He's looking at mainly than anything
around $3,000-3,500 spending range
And as much hp as he can get (I'll help him w/ tuning and stuff for the most possible)

The car is going for show, and wants some for power, plus he likes the sounds coming from the turbo, BOV, etc

Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

Later,

Jay

·
Registered
909 Posts
RevHard or custom IMHO ;) Greddy shouldn't even be on there if he wants to get the most power, its too limited compared to T3/T4 kits. PM me if you want more info :D This can really easily turn into an opinion war, use the search function instead of posting a thread like this in the future...

·
Registered
254 Posts
rev hard is a pretty god kit, also good quality, u could also check fmax, they are really nice too, people say they dont like the fuel setup, but i've never heard of it failing, and it can support up to 15 psi with stock injectors....there is also n easy installation, not cuttin at all!
dan

·
Registered
320 Posts
civperc said:
is piecing together his own kit out of the question?
The problem with this, is that if you aren't a pro, you will most likely come up short (power & money). If you understand all of the variables; fitment, flow capabilities, size, etc...then you can realitically piece together a good kit. If not, you will probably end up spending too much money on a bunch of parts that don't work very well together, and calling it a "custom" kit. All of the kits on the market have a lot of R&D time under their belt, as well as dyno testing. Once you choose something for your kit, you are stuck with it, unlike a company R&D team, who can just trash it and try something else.

I would not recommend any regular Joe Enthusiast piece together a custom kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.